The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: university of missouri columbia

Default university of missouri columbia

Hey all,

I have a nephew that left the Great state of Minnesota to go to school in Columbia. He is an avid hunter and would like to get connected with some guys to go hunting. Just arriving at school just before fall hunting left no time to get connected for hunting. He would not need like every weekend just to get him out in the marsh or field would be great. He is a great kid and would fit in in any hunt camp. PM me if you can help Sammy out. Thanks guys
    A cold nose feels good on a hot day.....
    Majestic Oaks Liberty Belle JH

I have a bunch of buddies in the Columbia area I will try and help you out and get him some guys numbers to contact. May have him try and get ahold of the local DU club or see if the college has one where he can get in contact with some guys.
    Lone Oak's Marley Man.. (My first)

He will learn fast the MO isnt like MN when it comes to duck hunting!!!!!!!!!!!! NOt many places to hunt And he will learn just how stupid of MDC (department of conservation) is and how much they have screwed up duck hunting in MO
    "Some people pride themselves on how far they can shoot ducks, others pride themselves on how close they can get them. I'm an other!!! "
    John Stephens RNT

HRCH Wilson's Grand Prairie Pintail
    http://wilsonsretrievers.com/

Very true the Columbia area is not the greatest for duck hunting. Now deer hunting is a complete different story. Ton of big deer in the area.
    Lone Oak's Marley Man.. (My first)

He should look into Eagle Bluffs Conservation Area.

My name is Kevin Polley and I am a Missouri Conservation Agent. There is a lot of information available online about Missouri Duck Hunting. We offer many public hunting areas throughout the state. Some are wade and shoot, others are areas which you need to have a reservation and/or draw in. Another great source of information is Missouri's Conservation Atlas. The state is divided by county with conservation grounds and their features broken out. Once possible hunting locations are identified I would encourage him to contact the local Agent and/or biologist. They often times can provide insight not available any where else. If he is willing to drive, Missouri is divided into 3 different zones which allows an unbelievably long season. If he has any questions he can give me a call. Encourage him to start his own group. I came to college here in Missouri from out of state. I ended up converting quite a few deer and turkey hunters to the sport of waterfowling.

To i_willie12 : Please share your management suggestions with us here as I would be happy to pass them on. Feel free to break them out by individual areas. I would also encourage you to attend the open forums when they come around again on waterfowl management. The season structure, zone boundaries and other topics are discussed. Questions are taken from the public and input is recorded. The process takes place every 5 years and I believe will be taking place in the next year or two.

Any questions feel free to call

Kevin Polley
    660-619-4012
    Pettis County

There is a retriever hunt test sept 28 and 29. Come on down and talk to the guys who love to hunt with great dogs. And have him get the real scoop of hunting on conservation areas.

Quote Originally Posted by kpolley View Post
    My name is Kevin Polley and I am a Missouri Conservation Agent. There is a lot of information available online about Missouri Duck Hunting. We offer many public hunting areas throughout the state. Some are wade and shoot, others are areas which you need to have a reservation and/or draw in. Another great source of information is Missouri's Conservation Atlas. The state is divided by county with conservation grounds and their features broken out. Once possible hunting locations are identified I would encourage him to contact the local Agent and/or biologist. They often times can provide insight not available any where else. If he is willing to drive, Missouri is divided into 3 different zones which allows an unbelievably long season. If he has any questions he can give me a call. Encourage him to start his own group. I came to college here in Missouri from out of state. I ended up converting quite a few deer and turkey hunters to the sport of waterfowling.

To i_willie12 : Please share your management suggestions with us here as I would be happy to pass them on. Feel free to break them out by individual areas. I would also encourage you to attend the open forums when they come around again on waterfowl management. The season structure, zone boundaries and other topics are discussed. Questions are taken from the public and input is recorded. The process takes place every 5 years and I believe will be taking place in the next year or two.

Any questions feel free to call

Kevin Polley
    660-619-4012
    Pettis County
    My and other MO duck hunter thoughts have been made very clear over the past 3 years with your new quick draw/computer enter system!! In open meetings... In emails... Even your/MDC data has shown that MO hunters dont approve/enjoy the new system but it has all been ignored!!!! And MDC has continued to push forward with this rediciouls system! Been to the meetings seen it first hand, just spin spin spin..... Oh we understand.. We'll take that into consideration BS!
    "Some people pride themselves on how far they can shoot ducks, others pride themselves on how close they can get them. I'm an other!!! "
    John Stephens RNT

HRCH Wilson's Grand Prairie Pintail
    http://wilsonsretrievers.com/

I'm disappointed to see this is a quick draw issue. My only response is that some things are done because this is a state agency trying to provide equal opportunity to Missouri Waterfowl hunters. This is still a pilot program and I know they are doing 75% quick draw and 25% poor line which is a change from 80/20. Good Luck this season, and I know I sure would just avoid that horibly managed place called Grand Pass.

I have went to the meetings numerous times as well as all my buddies because we hate the quick draw.....I live 5 minutes from Otter Slough and cant hunt there because EVERYONE puts in for EVERY single day on the quick draw....its crowded enough when people have to get out from under the covers and drive a few hours on a maybe but now that they can do it in their underwear why not put it EVERY day?, they even put in people that have NO INTENTIONS of hunting I agree with I willie, even in the MO conservationist mag it stated the majority of hunters were against quick draw but oh well lets still do it. I hate that they ask for opinion then do what they want anyway!