RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Rocky Mountain Retriever Club September 2013 trial

9K views 32 replies 20 participants last post by  Mike W. 
#1 ·
The road to Orchard (highway 144) is high and dry (at least for now). The trial is still set to start at 8:00. Good luck to all!

#6 ·
unfortunately doesn't help me. I25 closed at HWY 14 in Ft Collins, both directions, also I25 @ Hwy 34 loveland, both directions, all major roads over Poudre river in Ft Collins closed, I started out early got turned around in loveland, went to Ft collins and realized I would not be able to snake my way out.

#7 ·
How about getting there from Ft Collins or Loveland, Hwy 34 going East OK all the way? Will have to jog East from Harmony Road only road in or out of Ft Collins this morning as I-25 closed from Brighton to WY border, and any county road with a ridge blocked off.

#8 ·
David managed to get out...he's running a "smidge" behind, but he managed it?! Don't have a clue how though...

#9 · (Edited)
Callbacks to water blind in Q:

2, 3, 4, 7, 10, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 22, 25, 26, 29

#11 · (Edited)
Sorry no. My guess is they are still running the 1st series?? I'm not there, but my husband is running the Q.

Edit: Just heard they are almost done with the open at least all the Pros that are at the Q have already run their dogs in the 1st series of the open.

#14 ·
I am at bridge in Orchard.
Platte river crested at 7: 30 this Am

Cant cross bridge. Bridge and road underwater.

Folks that got to test wary , I was told could cross that bridge and traverse the road . Can't now

#16 ·
I heard that a one eyed dog with no tail,( World Famous Mr Friendly) took second in the Qual...nice job ABIII/Lee

#21 ·
OPEN 1st Edwards Pipe 2nd Bickley's young dog 3rdTrott Turk 4th Bickley Skeeter. Am Callbacks to the 3rd 1, 2, 8, 15, 19, 21, 25, 29, 31, 32, 34, 40 & 41 Derby will start at 7:00 am {whitecoat debut of MooseGooser} Am starts at 10;00
Big congrats to Team Piper! Another AA win and trip to the nationals!

Thanks Tim,
She is a grand gal and now after giving us some nice pups this spring she has qualified for her 4th National Open.
Frank Price said that Mark was the ideal trainer/ handler for her and he was right.
She and Mark are a real team.
Hey Marv, I was only comfortable selling Piper knowing that she was going to a trainer that would understand her disposition. Mark was the ticket. Piper was not at all your typical field trial youngster, but she had two outstanding qualities that would prove to make her a consistent player with the big dogs: she was a very quick learner and simply a marking fool. Enjoy the ride, and remember - she will always be one of mine!

fp

#18 ·
Congratulations to the Grand ol Gal Piper! Another win for Team Edwards.! Way to go Mark and Becky! Congratulations Marv!

#20 ·
Congrats Mark and Marv, and to Robbie and Kenny. Sounds like it was hard to get this trial finished. RMRC is a great group so Im sure they handled it well.

#22 ·
Rocky Mountain retriever club did a tremendous job of hosting this event. The teal lodge was great. They evacuated the competitors at the right time. Paul and Laurie Knutson showed what great sportsmanship is like and encouraged us to move there. A great club of hard working members.

The most important handler was Riley Wardlaw handled Twister to earn his Junior Handler pass. They were a great team and gave the Pros a run for their money!

Enjoyed the judging, great stories of bull attacks, bass fishing bs, and Jack Daniels!

#23 ·
Heard that congrats need to sent out to my Bro Joel Harris for another win for Billie in the Derby. Also spoke to the most flamboyant Gooser, who said he actually had fun at his first entry in a white coat event. ( thank GOD the water did not get too high at Paul and Julie Knutson's so Gooser would look to wearing that damn speedo)

#24 · (Edited)
Gooser did have great fun.. Dont understand the Flamboyant commenthough..

If you ever see me in the water,, "Boyant" isnt the word you would use,,, But anyways,,

I did have great fun,, I crashed and burned in the first series, kinda bummed,, BUT,, the great judges they had for the derby announced that handelers that were dropped would be allowed to "Play all day" just not in contention..

It was a wonderful day,,, learned quite a bit,, and watched a very inspirational dog by the name of Billie.. She is simply amazing..

The Junior handler that ran in the derby was a kick to watch also... That kid had Ice in his veins!:) nerves of steel!! What fun..

Thank you all for the fun day.

Boyant?

Gooser

#26 ·
All I can emember is Harris's dog Billie was first,,

And Goettles dog that he was running named Judy was fourth!

Go Judy!!

Gooser was wet and Cold!:):)

#28 ·
#30 ·
Hey Daren, Sorry I cant help you with the derby results, but wanted to warn you that this water is heading your way my Nebraskan friend!
See ya in the spring!
K

#31 ·
I think I am finally starting to get dry. Still have clothing and some stuff in my room in Fort Morgan - the motel was evacuated Saturday night. Fortunately, I got another room. Tom Vaughn wasn't so lucky and spent the night at the Red Cross Shelter

Anyway, results are up on Entry Express.

Thanks to
- Our bird boys who suffered through 3 rough weather days
- Our judges - Brad Bellmore, Ted Brewer, Erik Gawthorpe, and Chris Hatch who rolled with the weather punches and put together some very nice tests
- Paul and Julie Knutson, who donated their property for our use, when we evacuated the Teal Lodge
- Our contestants who remained flexible all weekend
- Riley, our Junior Handler, who finished our five series derby in style

I missed someone I apologize in advance

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.