RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Tritronics/Dogtra release technical question

4K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  rookie 
#1 ·
Does anyone know what the output of these releases are? (voltage-amperage) I would assume they are the same or similar since they both operate most launchers and wingers.

If anyone know a particular servo or solenoid these will operate (along with a source of where to get one) we'll skip ahead as that is where I'm heading.

Also it appears most wingers and such have something similar to a 3.5mm headphone plug that plugs into the release. Is that what it actually is?

Thanks

#2 ·
Also it appears most wingers and such have something similar to a 3.5mm headphone plug that plugs into the release. Is that what it actually is?

Thanks
Can't help with the first stuff, but it is the standard headphone plug. If you want the extension cord, it is much cheaper to go to radio shack or best buy and get a headphone extension rather than buy from TT or Dogtra.

#3 ·
I run my homemade wingers on standard Futaba s148 RC airplane servos with Tritronics releases. In order to use these type servos, you have to take the bottom of the casing off & desolder the variable speed disk that the wires attach to. This will expose the bottom of the motor, & leave two solder tabs to attach your new wire. A standard mono speaker plug is what you need to plug into the receiver.

I'm looking to upgrade my servos to a metal gear model. I have stripped a few sets of the nylon gears in the s148 units, & hoping that the metal gears will be a bit more durable.

As far as voltage, these servos run on 4.8 volts in the RC airplanes, but I've used them with 7.2 volts on an old release unit. Not sure what the TT pro control voltage is pushing, but the servos work great.

#6 ·
Let me know what you're looking at as far as heavy duty servos, I asked the original question because I am going to try to build a winger that is capable of chucking a goose. I figured I could double up the bands to get the power, but I am afraid it will put so much pressure on the trigger that the servo couldn't release it.

Since you have built wingers before, let me know if you have any ideas for firing multiple primers with some sort of delay between them. My dog has to learn that this single shot and a bird falling isn't the way it happens with me behind the trigger.

#7 ·
I wanna see that thing when you get done with it!!!!!!!!May want to call Doug from Thunder and see what servos he is using now.Hows Gracie? Jim

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.