Thread: North East Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Shafer View Post
    Hmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!

Alan Pleasant
    Ed Forry
    Rick Millhiem
    can't go wrong with these guys......

good luck
    All good choices, but Rick is the only one I would consider a NE pro. Alan takes a summer trip to the Tug Hill region from about the National Am until the end of September-ish. The rest of the time he is down here. Ed spends his summer between Schenectady and Syracuse, winter down in Hartsville and the rest of the time in DE. The Millheims are in NY but winter Jan-April down in Cheraw area. So, if you pick any of them, your dog will be in the neighborhood at least in for a few months. Let me know if you come visit.

Also, since Malcolm left, Alan doesn't do as much with the young dogs, so unless you are going to go with a young dog pro, he might be a better choice when you see what you have. Both Ed and Rick do young dogs.

I haven't met her but from the field trial results I've been seeing I would have a chat with Lois M for sure if you're starting a new puppy.
    "Darla" AFC Candlewoods Lil Smokin Tequila (2002-2013)(fondly remembered)
    "Smoke" Smokin Auggies Menace, QAA (2003- )(retired nut case, ask Rando)
    "Simba" Humewood Simba (1999-2014)(my 1st dog)

Per favore, non mi rompere i coglioni.
    Grazie

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleHaul View Post
    All good choices, but Rick is the only one I would consider a NE pro. Alan takes a summer trip to the Tug Hill region from about the National Am until the end of September-ish. The rest of the time he is down here. Ed spends his summer between Schenectady and Syracuse, winter down in Hartsville and the rest of the time in DE. The Millheims are in NY but winter Jan-April down in Cheraw area. So, if you pick any of them, your dog will be in the neighborhood at least in for a few months. Let me know if you come visit.

Also, since Malcolm left, Alan doesn't do as much with the young dogs, so unless you are going to go with a young dog pro, he might be a better choice when you see what you have. Both Ed and Rick do young dogs.
    I know Forry does his own young dogs.....Who Does the young dogs at Millheim's ? Does he still do it himself ?

john
    "i guess the old saying 'those of us that think we know everything annoy those of you that does' " --bobbyb 9/13/06

"A Good Dog is a Good Dog"

Quote Originally Posted by john fallon View Post
    I know Forry does his own young dogs.....Who Does the young dogs at Millheim's ? Does he still do it himself ?

john
    Last I heard Bev was working with the young dogs.

All the recommendations are great.
    Gentle in what you do. Firm in how you do it.

CH SILVERCREEK MURRAY SAMUEL (MURRAY) WDQ CGC MH *** 2/16/00 - 12/26/12
    WESTWIND WHISPERING COVE (LARRY son of Murray) WDQ MH ***
    LPK DELAWARE RIVER WHISPERING COVE **(SAVAGE SAM son of FC Chester MH)
    WESTWIND WHISPERING COVE JAY ** ( Larry's son and Murray's grandson)

Check out Jason Baker, Baker Retrievers, for young dogs. It's what he specializes in. His track record is superb. BUT he is in Georgia and Minnesota.
    Josie Ottman

"Life is always a rich and steady time when you are waiting for something to happen or to hatch," E.B. White, Charlotte's Web

www.RetrieverResults.com -- points, profiles and perspective.
    New reports on Qualifiers and Entrants for National Open, National Amateur, Master National and Canadian National and Canadian National Amateur.

Don Little would be a good choice! Don is in Kingston Ont just across the thousand Island bridge. Don has produced over fifty FC's one of them was Waldorfs High Teck the sire of Lean Mac. Contact Number is 613 389 9495
    Last edited by rookie; 09-17-2013 at 05:42 PM. Reason: spelling
    w. price

Marc Patton if you can find him hes got a PA Tel#717-395-8036

Quote Originally Posted by JKOttman View Post
    Check out Jason Baker, Baker Retrievers, for young dogs. It's what he specializes in. His track record is superb. BUT he is in Georgia and Minnesota.
    Shhhh, Josie, don't tell everyone about Jason. But, if they look at your site they will see he is the leading Derby pro in the country.
    Also, it seems like he Qualifies a dog or two every weekend. Just saying!!!!
    Gregg Leonard

Tremblin Earth's Touch of Choclate "Reese" QA2 FC/AFC Land Ahoy "Pirate" X Baypoints Dream Maker QA2
    Red Squad's Blue on Black "Jesse" MH QA2 NAFC FC/AFC Grady X FC/AFC Dance Hall Gal
    Red Squad's Fifty Caliber "Sniper" QAA NAFC FC/AFC Grady X FC/AFC Maple Creeks Mattie Mae
    Red Squad's Bad Girlfriend "Tinker"FC/AFC Nick of Time Lone Ranger X Good Ideas Windy Retreezer QA2
    Red Squad's Element Of Surprise "Chica" ​NFC-AFC Maxx's Surprise X Red Squad's Blue On Black MH QA2

Quote Originally Posted by Meleagris1 View Post
    Last I heard Bev was working with the young dogs.
    I am pretty sure Rick does some young dogs. Bev does more hunt/hunt test dogs. Call them, they have nice kennels & property. Very hard working.
    Coppertop's Captain Kirk CD MH WCX CCA VC (2004-2011) (Kirk)
    Gaylan's Roddenberry a la Mode SH WCX CCA (Kira)
    Top Flight's Cayuga Klingon SH, WCX (Worf)
    Coppertop's Trill of a Lifetime WC (Dax)