The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trainers Around San Antonio

Check out Waterloo Amateur Retriever club (WARC ) in
    austin. We have several members from SA and train most
    weekends near Giddings.

Depending on what you are looking for and how often you want to participate, thee is Tioga Retrievers in Aubrey, TX that looks to be 4 hours from you. I have trained with Angie Becker in Michigan during last summer and I highly recommend her.
    "Never brag about a dog unless it's dead or 2000 miles away." :Cotton Pershall

PM sent last week fyi.

Jeff -

You might reconsider the recommendation that your breeder gave you. The little extra drive over to Best Retrievers is worth the time and effort. Rody & Kristin have excellent facilities, grounds and help, and they have an excellent, well structured program. More importantly, their dogs are happy and eager to work. Rody is a very good handler's coach as well. They are true professionals and class act people. If you go to a hunt test in the area, take notice of the dogs as a whole handled by each pro. All Rody's dogs are POLISHED, team players and obviously very well trained. I have had four personal friends use them. All sing their praise. All have very well behaved, trained dogs. I personally have used them and drive 2.5 hours to train with them on occasion.

This is a link to their site:
    www.bestretrievers.com
    Matt Rodriguez

"The will to win is nothing without the will to prepare."

Thanks for all of the replies.

Matthew, I have been thinking seriously about Best Retrievers, with the only drawback getting my wife to agree to let me leave our pup with someone for 3 months. The more I read and research, the more Rody's name comes up.

Jeffries- I know both Clayton Taylor and Rody Best I have referred friends to them both and they were happy.
    "When a man is proud of his dog and shows it, I like him. When his dog is proud of him and shows it, I deeply respect him. Gene Hill