The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: cant a guy/dog get a break?

  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    495

    Default

    You're definitely a newbie. Trey Lawrence, Tim Milligan, Scott Harp, and Danny Luttrell never step to the line with a dog that can't win. Not to mention Landry and Zugg.

    Keep training and good luck.
    Allen Dillard

    HRCH Play It Again, Sam MH *** "Sam"
    Scout's High Calibre "Colt"
    Slippin' Up the Holler "Dooley"
    Lucky Number Seven VII "Layla"

  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    495

    Default

    Cimmaron does a nice trial. Ran there 3 years ago (long azz drive from Alabama). Ammo kicked our azz.
    Allen Dillard

    HRCH Play It Again, Sam MH *** "Sam"
    Scout's High Calibre "Colt"
    Slippin' Up the Holler "Dooley"
    Lucky Number Seven VII "Layla"

  3. #13
    Senior Member huntinman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    6,760

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RF2 View Post
    Cimmaron does a nice trial. Ran there 3 years ago (long azz drive from Alabama). Ammo kicked our azz.
    No she didn't... I ran her and brought her average down with two Jams!

    But the drive kicked my butt!
    Bill Davis

  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    495

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    No she didn't... I ran her and brought her average down with two Jams!

    But the drive kicked my butt!
    Oh yeah. I forgot.
    Allen Dillard

    HRCH Play It Again, Sam MH *** "Sam"
    Scout's High Calibre "Colt"
    Slippin' Up the Holler "Dooley"
    Lucky Number Seven VII "Layla"

  5. #15
    Senior Member huntinman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    6,760

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RF2 View Post
    Oh yeah. I forgot.
    But we looked good doing it
    Bill Davis

  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Benton, AR
    Posts
    768

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RF2 View Post
    You're definitely a newbie. Trey Lawrence, Tim Milligan, Scott Harp, and Danny Luttrell never step to the line with a dog that can't win. Not to mention Landry and Zugg.

    Keep training and good luck.

    yea i did see them and i believe you i was talking just dog perspective. but yes from a trainer perspective it is stacked

  7. #17
    Senior Member uplandbird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    St Paul, MN
    Posts
    223

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blake_mhoona View Post

    i had my whistle but it all happened in like 3 seconds from time he entered the fall area to when he went through fence. he was hauling pretty quick.

    hunt'em up: i considered fixing it myself with staples and what not but i would of forfeited my $75 entry fee since i needed a vet letter. so in my mind it was justified by spending $100 to get it done professionally and getting antibiotics plus i'll get back $75 from trial

    <img src="http://www.retrievertraining.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=15024"/>
    The little tears in the skin you can do it yourself. They do just fine if cleaned, prepped and closed properly.
    Those tears are huge and in area where there is a lot of movement of skin and could easily become infected and or tear out again.
    You certainly did the right thing by bringing to a vet. You have a very reasonable vet at that price!!

    Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

  8. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    King George Virginia
    Posts
    1,838

    Default

    Bad things seem to happen in three's.. So you should have smooth sailing from here on out. Best wished for speedy recovery!

  9. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Benton, AR
    Posts
    768

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by uplandbird View Post
    The little tears in the skin you can do it yourself. They do just fine if cleaned, prepped and closed properly.
    Those tears are huge and in area where there is a lot of movement of skin and could easily become infected and or tear out again.
    You certainly did the right thing by bringing to a vet. You have a very reasonable vet at that price!!

    Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner
    Yea I was expecting like 150 but when I got there it was 90. Then I asked about antibiotics and they gave option to pick up here or at the pharmacy so I went with there and it tacked on another $10. Anesthesia was $35, laceration repair $40, Rimadyl $15

    shes a nice lady. I try to convince her that moose is actually a very good dog and very talented. But he usually does something to contradict me everytime we are there. Yesterday this little 3lb lap dog was blocking the door to the exam room and so the vet and me and moose stopped waiting on the lady to get her little dog. We got in the room the vet closed the door and was like "sometimes people just frustrate me. I wanted to be like excuse me mam can u move your tiny dog before this 70lb dog eats it for a snack"

    moose is usually the worst dog in the waiting room but the last 2 times the ladies found the way to his heart. Lots and lots of liver treats. I think yesterday he got 12 just while I was there. No telling how many more after I dropped him off

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •