The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: CONGRATS: Amateur Chris Hatch and FC/AFC Tealcreek's Patton's Saber

Default CONGRATS: Amateur Chris Hatch and FC/AFC Tealcreek's Patton's Saber

Just got Retriever Results... this is something worth shouting about.

SABER:
    Top All Age Dog (of 554 dogs with all age pts. this year). Saber has 10 all age wins, 15 placements for a total of 58.5 pts. this year. He is trained and handled 100% by his breeder-owner Chris Hatch who is an amateur and is still a working man. Rain or shine, weekends or evenings, he is working with Saber.

Top Amateur Dog (of 351 dogs with amateur pts. this year). Saber has 6 Am wins and 9 placements for a total of 35 Am. pts. this year.

THREE DOUBLE HEADERS (2 of them this year)! This matches Creek Robber's record of 3 double headers. Retriever Results did not say what other dogs in the past earned 3 double headers so there could be more.

CHRIS HATCH:
    Top All Age handler. Think about it -- an Amateur is right now the top all age handler. Chris is winning and placing with ONE DOG.
    Top Amateur handler. Think about it -- this is ONE HANDLER handling ONE DOG, not a handler winning or placing with a bunch of dogs.

Keep it up Chris and Saber ... this is YOUR year. Keep bringing home the ribbons. Only 3 more months in 2013. We want to see you get the award for Top Amateur Dog for 2013. How sweet that would be.

A super nice guy with a great dog.
    Helen
    Don's girls:
    FC AFC Flyway's Ruby B. Gonia - a Carbon daughter and now a grandma (my avatar)
    FC AFC Flyway's Long Tall Sally - Ruby's daughter. Bred to FC AFC Nike which produced Maggie.
    Flyway's Iron Lady (Maggie) - Ruby's granddaughter. Maggie's the new puppy in the house. She is now running in the Derby.

Keep it up Chris and Saber ... this is YOUR year. Keep bringing home the ribbons. Only 3 more months in 2013. We want to see you get the award for Top Amateur Dog for 2013. How sweet that would be.

A super nice guy

AMEN to that!

What a ride. Hats off to Chris and Saber.

Man that is tearing it up.

Quote Originally Posted by helencalif View Post

THREE DOUBLE HEADERS (2 of them this year)! This matches Creek Robber's record of 3 double headers. Retriever Results did not say what other dogs in the past earned 3 double headers so there could be more.

A super nice guy with a great dog.
    Helen

NAFC FC River Oaks Corky -7 career DH's

NAFC FC Trumarcs Zip Code - 5 DH's

NAFC Ray's Rascal - 5 DH's

FC AFC Hiwood Piper- 4 DH's (including also 2 in the same year '77)
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Saber is going to be 9 years old Nov 1. 4DHs may be do-able. Maybe even 5 before he retires. I am not going to say anything to Chris about River Oaks Corky.(ha ha).

Incredible. Well done Mr. Hatch.

I don't know how many litters Saber has sired but it's not enough. This dog should be getting bred silly.
    I don't know Chris, but my hats off to him. Dedicated amateurs with the right dog and experience will always be players.
    NAFTCH FTCH AFTCH Mjolnir Bluebill Of Allanport (Deceased- 2 breedings stored)
    FTCH AFTCH Flatlands Bayduck of Allanport
    Dakota Creek Teal of Allanport

Great job Chris. BTW how I get the. Black/white stick men?