The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: sometimes life just sort of kicks you in the gut.

Sorry about your misfortune. Glad to hear your hunting buddy is going to be ok. Prayers sent for all.
    Hebrews 11:3 By faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that the things which are seen were not made of things which are visible.

What if all we have today is what we gave thanks for yesterday?

Let the views of others educate and inform you, but let your decisions be a product of your own conclusions. (Jim Rohn)

Glad he is alive and going to pull through. So sorry you and your family had to go through this. Like everyone has said- you posted in the right place. Non-dog people will never understand (especially those without working dogs). Prayers for a speedy recovery
    God bless!- Jamee

When you stop having fun, it's time to quit!!
    "If your dog doesn't like someone you probably shouldn't either"- Author unknown

My team:
    HR Dr. J's RxRated High Caliber JH "Kali"
    White Oak's Change of Plans "Bodee"
    The rookie- Jamstar's Hot Tubb "Cuzzi"
    #1 cheerleader: SJ's Gotta-Lot-A Go Lil "Jake"

Gone but never forgotten:
    HR Stevie-Joe's Super "Star"- my heart dog, I love you baby
    October 24, 2001-January 6, 2013

been thinking about you and yours
    how is Roux doing?
    and the girls?
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

A few years ago, Chris A's (aka the janitor here on RTF) dog had a boating accident while they were hunting and the dog lost a leg. If I am remembering correctly, the dog went on to run HRC test(s). Hopefully Chris will chime in here and help my faulty memory!
    www.dakotacreekretrievers.com

Online store - http://store.dakotacreekretrievers.com
    Find us on facebook!

GMHR-III Dakota Creek's Royal Navigator MH (AKC & CKC)
    MHR Pine Acre's Dakota Sand Creek SH WCI
    Dakota Creek's Royal Gem
    Dakota Creek's Long Shot
    Dakota Creek's Wreaking Havoc

It is good to hear that she will be coming home and that's a blessing in it self. Give her a hug for me.

Keith

Sorry you and your family have to go thru this, but as many have said, he will do just fine on 3 legs. I also have seen a 3 legged pup run hear in Louisiana in a finished test. I am sure Ed Thibodaux will still help out with your pups training.

Sorry for the circumstances, but God has another plan for you and Roux and I bet it's a good one!!! We all care and feel for you, Roux and your entire family!!!

Been thinking of Roux, the family and you. Hope all is doing well. Just rehashing whats been said, don't coddle him (well at first maybe ) because he doesn't know any better. They are amazing creatures and teach us a lot about life. He'll let you know his limits physically.

cannot tell you all how much the well wishes mean, originally posted here simply for lack of a better place to express how i was feeling but i see that there are other people who understand not only how it feels to see your dog hurt and hurting but also people who understand what this kind of injury can imply.

As of now Roux keeps his right front leg, he's using it less and less which is not necessarily a good thing (at least as regards its future). his wounds continue to heal-he has about a 14" incision across his back, the drain is working with daily flushing. my main concern is that his "good leg", at the first joint up from the pad was opened up to the bone and his healing but more slowly than i'd hoped for. He's hurting and thats what is the worst for me-he gets tramadol twice a day but around 3 a.m. you can tell it's wearing off (i'm sleeping on the couch near his bed till he's better).
    I'm pretty sure Roux will pull through-he's the most stubborn and bullheaded monster i've had the honor to own.

Thank You All for the well wishes- it means a lot.

Sorry to here about Roux I had a pup doing well this year and one of my neighbors shot him and he died on the way to the vets office. It sounds like your have learned a lot training him continue to use that knowlage in the future.