The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dog estate planning

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie Spann View Post
    To be quite honest...once I'm dead I couldn't give a hoot about my dogs or anything else left behind. Just hope I'm not dancing around trying to put out flames!

Lonnie Spann
    Hahahahaaa! Better have a bucket of water with you when you die, ya goof!

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

Lonnie, I really hope your comment is in jest.

I'll tell you, nothing is sadder than getting rescue emails about 10- 12 yo dogs that are otherwise healthy whose owners have died and no one wants to adopt them due to fear of vet costs. I don't want my faithful companions ending up being PTS just because I was inconsiderate in planning for their futures w/o me. Anne

Quote Originally Posted by windycanyon View Post

I'll tell you, nothing is sadder than getting rescue emails about 10- 12 yo dogs that are otherwise healthy whose owners have died and no one wants to adopt them due to fear of vet costs. I don't want my faithful companions ending up being PTS just because I was inconsiderate in planning for their futures w/o me. Anne
    I personally believe Lonnie is too stubborn to die anytime soon. However if the unthinkable happened there are numerous individuals that would be more than happy to care for his dogs. Myself included in the list.
    Mark Land

lonnie,
    you will not be dancin'! that evil dancin' is one of the things that gets you there in the first place.

old joke #238:
    Q. why do us baptists never make love standing up?
    A. looks too much like dancin'!
    john mccallie

Quote Originally Posted by Archery1973 View Post
    Meleagris1 has a crazy story about a woman leaving a serious estate to all of her cats.
    All 102 of them!

Quote Originally Posted by windycanyon View Post

Anne,

I was serious. Trust me, you wont get any emails asking you or anyone else to rescue my dogs. FYI, I dabble in estate planning and I have yet to have a client leave any portion of their respective estate to a pet. So perhaps I'm not alone and presumably among the vast majority of pet owners here in my geographic region. Would love to stay and further explain my religious beliefs and reasons for not including my pets in my will but lucked up and got off work early so I'm headed to the house to train.

FYI

If one of my kids behaved in public like one of my "faithful companions" did yesterday, they too would be disinherited. Off to give Jack, my not-so-faithful companion, a little sample of hades.

Lonnie Spann
    Last edited by Lonnie Spann; 09-16-2013 at 01:41 PM.
    DISCLAIMER: The above post is the opinionated and biased view of your's truly, Lonnie Spann, and is in no way intended to reflect the opinions or views of the unfortunate individuals named below who just happen to be doomed with guilt by association.

Member of CAHRC and North AL HRC. I train with AND AM FRIENDS WITH: Fishduck, Laidback, Splash_Em, RF2, Drake2014, Claimsadj, Hooked on Quackers, RookieTrainer and Roseberry.

HRCH Spann's Quacker Jack "Jack" 500 Pt. Club (New & IMPROVED jacket).

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie Spann View Post
    Anne,

I was serious. Trust me, you wont get any emails asking you or anyone else to rescue my dogs. FYI, I dabble in estate planning and I have yet to have a client leave any portion of their respective estate to a pet. So perhaps I'm not alone and presumably among the vast majority of pet owners here in my geographic region. Would love to stay and further explain my religious beliefs and reasons for not including my pets in my will but lucked up and got off work early so I'm headed to the house to train.

FYI

If one of my kids behaved in public like one of my "faithful companions" did yesterday, they too would be disinherited. Off to give Jack, my not-so-faithful companion, a little sample of hades.

Lonnie Spann
    poor jack
    hes such a good boy to be mistreated
    Marty Lee
    HRCH Daisey's Rambunctious Rascal "Rambo"
    Co-Owner HRCH Summers Gusty Breeze "Gussie"