RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Montifeltro shotgun , ok deal?

3K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  Todd Caswell 
#1 · (Edited)
It started to pour rain tonight just as I sat down in goose blind tonight. After an hour of getting soaked I headed home. A garage sale sign so since so early I stopped in. They had a whole lotta of of outdoor gear and a list of shotguns for sale.
I've been looking at montifeltro 20 ga, 3 inch, for pheasants. it was on the list. $850 no tax of course. They will be there again tomorrow. Oh and also it's a 90
I'm thinking $825, what do you goes think? It's looks very lightly used, he said maybe a case of shells through it at the most.
Thanks, Maria

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

#3 ·
In good condition that is a very good price. I see them usually around $1000 used and I believe new retail is in the $1400 range. Very, very nice gun. I have one in 12ga. Anything under a grand is a deal, assuming condition and all accessories.

#6 · (Edited)
Read your input and decided I really wanted it. It was still in the box and had all the chokes and choke wench there. Also still there was the spacers and those things to adjust the drop. A few shallow scratches on stock but otherwise excellent condition.
Kjrice, I'm terrible at haggling, offered $750 he said 800 I said ok.!
So I'm happy.
Thanks everybody for your help, it made it an easy decision :)
Maria

#7 ·
Read your input and decided I really wanted it. It was still in the box and had all the chokes and choke wench there. Also still there was the spacers and those things to adjust the drop. A few shallow scratches on stock but otherwise excellent condition.
Kjrice, I'm terrible at haggling, offered $750 he said 800 I said ok.!
So I'm happy.
Thanks everybody for your help, it made it an easy decision :)
Maria

That's all that counts. Enjoy your nice, new gun. I've been wanting a SuperSport in 20 ga. too.

#8 ·
Maria:

Congratulations, you won't regret a cent of it.

One more piece of unsolicted advice: Consider spending another $75 on the Patternmaster extended, long range choke.

That choke will really reach out and knock down a duck or a goose as well as just about any 12 ga. The Montifeltro is such a light, smooth shooting gun, i bought it with the same intent you did and have begun taking it duck and goose hunting more than I have been taking my 12 ga.

Have fun.

Tom

#10 ·
Maria:

Congratulations, you won't regret a cent of it.

One more piece of unsolicted advice: Consider spending another $75 on the Patternmaster extended, long range choke.

That choke will really reach out and knock down a duck or a goose as well as just about any 12 ga. The Montifeltro is such a light, smooth shooting gun, i bought it with the same intent you did and have begun taking it duck and goose hunting more than I have been taking my 12 ga.

Have fun.

Tom
I was wondering how effective it would be on snow geese and ducks. You like the patternmaster chokes that's good enough for me. I will get one, thanks.

Wow came with a choke wench? How awesome is that. Seems like I remember something about a wench on here but you would have to talk to the sappy syrup guy on here about that..........:)
No wonder Jennifer loves you so much, your a naughty naughty boy! Hahaaha :) I've been called a wench before with some colorful words included in the statement. But I don't need a choke wench so my mistake. I'll leave the choke wench to Ken, he maybe able to utilize better.

#12 ·
I bought that choke for my 12 ga. SBE II about 8 years ago for the first time and could not how it folded ducks at long distances. For me, it makes steel shoot like lead used to.

3" #2 or #3 with that long range extended choke out of that 20 ga. will send geese tumbling out the sky too.

Tom

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.