The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: retiring and looking for a place to move

Quote Originally Posted by firehouselabs View Post
    Right around Warrensburg MO. They have mild winters, plenty of rain for training ponds and hay fields if you want a small income. There are MANY pros and serious amateurs in the area, AKC, HRC hunts tests and AKC field trials within 50 miles, even more within 200. MO has extremely nice deer hunting with liberal tags (as many doe tags as you want for just $7 a piece), tons of public hunting areas for waterfowl, and lots of turkey. There are a number of game farms for upland hunting for quail, chukar, and pheasant as well. Lots of entertainment and shopping available with KC close by, as well as Branson, and Springfield. Other amenities also include larger "hub" airports.
    I have thought a lot about mo but was looking at the eastern part of the state along the Mississippi river but I may have to rethink .Wyoming sounds good but I think the winters would be too harsh. Utah I had never thought of

In my area there is very little as far as grounds /water for training. and I am about 2 hours minimum from any events/clubs. Firehouse has given good advise on MO dog country. Plus the Missouri river is a major flyway for ducks. Lots of hunting public and private on that side of the sate,and not to far from the "golden triangle" for ducks.

The center of the state around Columbia is a nice area,nice town and basically somewhere in the middle of KC and St. Louis.
    Shawn White

HR Big Creek Retrievers Independence Day JH QAA "Indy "