RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Choke for Benelli Nova

4K views 16 replies 14 participants last post by  Kenneth Niles Bora 
#1 ·
Looking for an extended choke for my Nova 12ga pump. It is my "extra" waterfowl gun, and I am having trouble finding a good, mid range extended choke for it. The Carlson choke that fits Benelli fits very oddly into the gun because of how the choke is threaded, and I am not liking it. Does anyone out there use a Nova and an extended choke that you like? All suggestions welcome! Thanks all.

#4 ·
Kicks High Flyer. Best extended choke on the market.

#11 ·
With all due respect to the Kick's (which I have not tried), I can wholeheartedly endorse the patternmaster extended long range choke.

Best money I've spent on hunting since I bought the gun.
I just today bought the Patternmaster extended long range choke for the new 20 ga. I'm hoping I can use 20 ga not only for for pheasants, ducks, but hopefully be able to kill a lot of snow geese with it. Dang 12 gauge beats the crap out of me after a few days in Sask.

Just for the record Tom (waterdog711) they are now $90 plus $5 for shipping. But they were very helpful on phone and its already been shipped!

Lastly, I bought a Briley choke for skeet, eh, didn't really help up my scores impressively. Expensive choke I thought may help my sucky skeet skills.
But I think a extended choke may really make this little gun versatile.

Oh and don't need no stinkin wench for the patternmaster either Gooser!

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

#17 ·
I also mostly use the modified that came with the Nova.
One great morning of early teal, I had shot for the colonial field trial the weekend before back when they held a fall trial in Stowe, VT. I still had an aftermarked open choke in made for skeet, that I shoot live birds at tests with. I limited before anyone else in the blind that morning. Do not know what that says about my shooting. But gosh I was dropping those quick little buggers at will, that morning.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.