The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Another Immigration "Deferment"

Default Another Immigration "Deferment"

In a nine-page memo issued Friday, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement said agents should use “prosecutorial discretion” to try to avoid detaining parents and, if parents are detained, agents should make sure they have the ability to visit with their children or participate in family court proceedings.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...#ixzz2d30eRFDC

How do you try not to arrest someone if they have broken the law?
    The memo issued last week instructs ICE agents to give special consideration when they encounter an illegal immigrant who is a parent or legal guardian of a child.
    Wonder if the memo mentions anything about whether that minor is in the US or not?

The article mentions that about 430,000 illegal immigrants were affected by the "DREAMER" executive order. I'm guessing that each of those have at least one parent.

ICE officers tried to sue to block these policies, but the judge said he didn't have jurisdiction, that it was a collective bargaining issue, even though they were probably correct that the law requires them to arrest illegal immigrants.

G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...enders/?page=1
    In this case, the sex offenders and other immigrants — legal and illegal — who have been released are thanks to a 2001 Supreme Court ruling in what is known as the Zadvydas case. The court ruled 5-4 that detention for immigration purposes can’t be punitive; therefore, if there isn’t a likelihood someone can be deported, they generally have to be released.
    That matters because many countries delay documents to make it more difficult for U.S. deportation. The worst is Qatar, which takes an average of 800 days to issue the necessary deportation documents, according to ICE numbers that Ms. Vaughan obtained. That is followed by Cambodia at 522 days and Vietnam at 368 days.
    So, because the home country delays, these people HAVE to be released. Is this crazy, or what?

How could this be rectified?
    Under existing law, once another country refuses to accept its people for repatriation, the government is supposed to begin refusing to issue travel visas for citizens of that country to visit the U.S.

Ms. Vaughan said that can be a devastatingly effective tool, but administrations of both parties had refused to use it.
    “When you start denying student visas — any narrow category that you want, that hits people in the ruling elite in that other country — they start paying attention,” Ms. Vaughan said. “That is the best leverage we have with people in other countries, is visas, because they all want to come here, go to school here, go to Vegas, Disney World, whatever.”

But Ms. Vaughan said the Department of Homeland Security hasn’t been proactive in pushing the visa retaliation.

A Homeland Security spokesman didn’t return a request seeking comment.

The massive immigration bill that passed the Senate this year waters down the visa penalty law, giving wide latitude to Homeland Security and the State Department to determine whether another country is being recalcitrant.

That's a new twist that I hadn't heard mentioned before, that goes into making the proposed Senate immigration bill a loser.

G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

The cost of illegal immigration is stunning. This article refers to just one county in CA!
    "When you add the $550 million for public safety and nearly $500 million for [COLOR=#11B000 !important]healthcare[/COLOR], the total cost for illegal immigrants to county taxpayers exceeds $1.6 billion dollars a year," Antonovich said in a statement. "These costs do not even include the hundreds of millions of dollars spent annually for education."

So, even if our humanity compels us to take care of the problems we've already got, the importance of fixing the sources of illegal immigration need to be tackled.

How much more could we do for our own "home-grown" poor people with the funds being used for those who immigrate illegally? How many abandoned buildings in Detroit could be torn down for $1.6 billion? How many school vouchers could be given to kids in failing schools?

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/...#ixzz2fHWmATQr

G.Clinchy@gmail.com