The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Does Scott McNealy

Default Does Scott McNealy

Have the right solution for all these billionaire do-gooders?

He advocates that more good would be done by investing in startup businesses to stimulate the economy.

We agree with that & have had that position long before we saw someone with a little more clout advocate for that solution - were we ever to win the big lottery that is what we would do with a significant portion of the money. Nothing state of the art enough to require a patent .

Anyone have a better idea than McNealy's?

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Marv, if you have a link to an article explaining his idea, I would like to read it.

Thanks!
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    Have the right solution for all these billionaire do-gooders?

He advocates that more good would be done by investing in startup businesses to stimulate the economy.

We agree with that & have had that position long before we saw someone with a little more clout advocate for that solution - were we ever to win the big lottery that is what we would do with a significant portion of the money. Nothing state of the art enough to require a patent .

Anyone have a better idea than McNealy's?
    Not sure but think he is the former CEO of Sun microsystems. I saw him on CNN this morning. Best I remember he said that he believed that Bill Gates and others like him would do a far better job of investing their money rather than paying taxes and letting the likes of Nancy Pelossi, Harry Reid and BHO investing such as the trillion dollar stimulus plan. i'm sure he would not have excluded the Republican hacks had they been in power.

He also mentioned an investment company that he has started to do EXACTLY as he has proposed. Namely 5 million as startup money to those who submit a proposal that appears to have merit.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Marv, if you have a link to an article explaining his idea, I would like to read it.

Thanks!
    Cary gave as much of his biography as I know - Sun did Java!

It was one of those Yahoo news flashs that disappeared the next time up & wouldn't down load the 1st . I think it a good concept though had someone been willing to loan me a little dough when I got out of the service I might be one of those Farm Welfare Queens . Not knowing any better.

Unfortunately, with knowledge comes greater skepticism. I just know that if we don't bring those folks on the bottom into some sort of productive position there are going to be consequences.

Hand Up not Hand Out .

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!