The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: D.C. Navy yard shooting

Default D.C. Navy yard shooting

Prayers to all the family and friends of those killed and injured today in D.C
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

Will this continue at military bases? If any personnell should be qualified to carry weapons, you'd think the military would be the last place to have random shootings and killings like this. What's wrong with this picture???

UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

Heard that there were 12 killed, plus the shooter himself. They think there may be a 2nd "person of interest."

Amazing lack of security. 34-yr-old Aaron Alexis used a stolen identity card of a 50 yr old man. No weapons allowed, but he had 3 guns that he brought in. No metal detectors or anything like that. No search of vehicles. And, it appears, nobody checks to see if the identity of the cardholder matches the person who is swiping it through the card-reader?
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

First of all, on base the only armed personnel are law enforcement and security.

I was in Europe when the Red Army Faction and other similar action groups were in play. It only took twice, the bombing at Ramstein AB and I forget the other, and suddenly everyone on base was VERY security conscious. At Ramstein, the bombers drove a VW bus on base and parked it in a reserved parking space at HQ USAFE. The bus was typical in that it was covered with slogans, artwork, and rust. Further, the reserved space was assigned to a Lt Col that worked in munitions (I think) but who was away. IOW, there were all sorts of anomolies that it's amazing that they weren't dropped at the gate. Luckily the bomb exploded about 15 minutes before the duty day started and the building was right across the street from the Dental Clinic so first aid help was there in about a minute. Anyway, the two incidents caused all of USAFE to look at what we all did, not just security, for self-protection. Within a day you had to show a picture ID to get a Whopper as the Burger King.

We didn't need guns after that to assure base security. We were urged to report anything of a strange nature and we all did. Three thousand pairs of eyes were more useful that guns. I was one of about 2 dozen reporters of a strange circumstance at Volgolweh (housing support annex) that led to the capture of 3 RAF folks. All it was was a group of three guys meeting over a map spread on the hood of a car outside of the base mortician's building. Nevertheless I was suspicious, as were several others, and called security. They were nabbed and then turned over to the West Germans for trial. So far as I know, they're still in prison.
    Eric

WRC HR Lennoxlove's Run with Wolves JH, WCX ("Cheyenne") ... still so fondly remembered
    HRCh Struan's Devil's in De Tails SH, WCX ("Lucy")
    SR CH Struan's Flight of Fancy JH ("Muse")
    Struan's Master of the Hunt JH, WC ("Charlie")
    Struan's Just Plain Perfect ("Jane")
    Struan's Driving Us Crazy ("Daisy") ... the baby in charge

I go on the base at Corpus Christi, Tx pretty frequently. In the old days I had an id and just had to show it to get in. They have now instituted a fee for contractors who go on base and so I am just on a list that gets me in for the winging ceremonies. Neither I nor my vehicle has ever been searched. There are something like 2000 civilian contractors that move off and on the base daily. Searching vehicles would take all day and no one would ever get on base and the airplanes and helicopters would never get serviced. Will be interesting to see what happens after this. Will almost certainly make things more complicated.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Johnson View Post
    First of all, on base the only armed personnel are law enforcement and security.

I was in Europe when the Red Army Faction and other similar action groups were in play. It only took twice, the bombing at Ramstein AB and I forget the other, and suddenly everyone on base was VERY security conscious. At Ramstein, the bombers drove a VW bus on base and parked it in a reserved parking space at HQ USAFE. The bus was typical in that it was covered with slogans, artwork, and rust. Further, the reserved space was assigned to a Lt Col that worked in munitions (I think) but who was away. IOW, there were all sorts of anomolies that it's amazing that they weren't dropped at the gate. Luckily the bomb exploded about 15 minutes before the duty day started and the building was right across the street from the Dental Clinic so first aid help was there in about a minute. Anyway, the two incidents caused all of USAFE to look at what we all did, not just security, for self-protection. Within a day you had to show a picture ID to get a Whopper as the Burger King.

We didn't need guns after that to assure base security. We were urged to report anything of a strange nature and we all did. Three thousand pairs of eyes were more useful that guns. I was one of about 2 dozen reporters of a strange circumstance at Volgolweh (housing support annex) that led to the capture of 3 RAF folks. All it was was a group of three guys meeting over a map spread on the hood of a car outside of the base mortician's building. Nevertheless I was suspicious, as were several others, and called security. They were nabbed and then turned over to the West Germans for trial. So far as I know, they're still in prison.
    For looking at a map? I guess I got lucky last week in CO for looking at a map on the backroad by Peterson AFB...JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Actually, the body count on [COLOR=#11B000 !important]President Clinton is 26 killed and close to 30 wounded, when one includes the Fort Hood victims.[/COLOR]

President Clinton?

In 1993, Clinton issued an order banning guns from US military bases.

Excepting military police and troops shooting under supervision at practice ranges, no person (regardless of rank) is today allowed to carry any weapon (including standard service pistols) onto any US military base or to keep any weapon, even stored securely, in his office or [COLOR=#11B000 !important]personal quarters.

[/COLOR]

Prior to that order, officers of certain ranks were required to wear side arms.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/...#ixzz2fDUiBRfb

G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Gerry, it actually started under the first Bush. Go to The Blaze website, click hot topics at top of page, then click Navy yard shootings. You'll find it there.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    I think I understand. It's not the Navy Yard Shooter's fault. BLAME CLINTON!
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    I think I understand. It's not the Navy Yard Shooter's fault. BLAME CLINTON!
    Quote Originally Posted by cpj View Post
    Gerry, it actually started under the first Bush. Go to The Blaze website, click hot topics at top of page, then click Navy yard shootings. You'll find it there.
    You mean Bush??????

If Obama had a son............................................... ....
    Last edited by road kill; 09-18-2013 at 03:28 PM.