RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

FC/AFC dogs competing successfully in UK?

3K views 13 replies 12 participants last post by  Bridget Bodine 
#1 ·
My searches are coming up empty- can anyone tell me the names of any dogs/trainers who have competed successfully overseas in the UK (not Ireland) field trials? I have been told that a 6 month quarantine present until recently interfered with dogs going over to compete...which I can completely understand (difficult to train/condition while in quarantine)... Yet I swear I remember reading about someone doing this.

And yes, I understand that UK Field Trials are a far different game than those here. ;) Julie

#3 ·
I'm not aware of anyone from North America who has traveled to the UK and even entered 1 field trial.
The rules have changed so if one wants you could fire up your G5 and hop on over and give it a go.
Not as easy entering a trial over there as here though.

#4 ·
I'm pretty sure Dennis Voigt was one of the Canadian representatives in the team competition so maybe he will chime in. I believe Connie Cleveland and Eli went, too, for the U.S. There were others but my mind is gone gone gone.

#5 ·
Becky
They all did run over there but at a Game Fair or such not a real Field Trial.

#11 · (Edited)
This may not be UK but assuming European trials all similar as they have a European Championship.

http://www.jazztimelabs.com/dogsineurope.htm

Jazztime labs are very competitive in US and Canada so US dogs can be trained and win in the very different world of European field trials.

I would think it pretty cool to get a Finn pup or two over there.

I have daughter in school in UK and my next trip will definitely include seeing a UK trial.

#12 ·
During 2004, the uS Gundog Team competed in a "working test" in Northern Ireland (UK). This US competed against England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland, and the Republic of Ireland and won both the Atlantic Cup and The Irish International Working Test. I was a member of that team.

#14 ·
How about the link t the article? THX!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.