RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

GDG Come On Man!! GDG

3K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  Jerry Beil 
#1 ·
So today I am running errands and drive over the sandbar bridge from Milton (the T is silent) Vermont over to South Hero. This is the main (only) road from the south onto the islands. Traveled every day by hundreds or thousands of drivers. Is passes the sand bar wild life management area. Map below. I parked at the labeled boat launch you can see marked next to the blue binocular symbol and the sand bar state park. These is a line of buoys in the water that marks the separation refuge area and open hunting area. This line is clearly visible with binoculars from the viewing area. I had to stop and take a photo.

So this is the WMA state map

This is the photo I took
How many duck blinds can you count?

and in this one I circled the duck blinds. I got 11 all stacked on top of one another and all visible from the main road.

Come On Man!!!:confused:

See less See more
#4 ·
No Thank You - going the extra mile to avoid THAT. I hate crowds. Then again I may not see the # of birds that others do but I can generally work them better when I see them. I couldn't hunt there.

Then you get somebody's fido checking out all the blinds and Joe Bob yelling and screaming and running his fool butt off to get fido ruining most everyone's hunt, then you get....., the list could go on. I detest those spots....

#6 ·
looks like a shooting gallery to me .. one I would like no part of. What happens when 9 shots go off and ducks hits the pond ... he with the fastest dog wins?? We have spots like this up our way ... not pretty or fun ...

crazy ... !!

#8 ·
The only real difference between that and hunting public land around here is that 10 of them would show up about 2 minutes before shooting time and set up right on top of you.

#9 ·
So, maybe it's this. If I wanted to hunt a place like that, how would I keep folks from setting up right on top of me...

Simple, build 10 blinds in that small area, put automatic lights in each of them so they turn on opening day morning at 3AM. Then go into the one I want and let the veritable plethora of blinds keep the meek away.

That's probably not the story though...

Doesn't look like that would be much fun - lots of stress.

Doublehaul, I hate it when that happens. Or when some deaf fisherman decides to fish in the cove you're set up in and then casts in and amongst your decoys.

#11 ·
...... Or when some deaf fisherman decides to fish in the cove you're set up in and then casts in and amongst your decoys.
I have set up, late season north of this spot at a place locals call the cow banks.
Had a couple old timers come out fishing in back of me. Evert time I started working some birds they would start up the jiffy auger and start drilling more holes!!! I was kinda miffed :mad:

#12 ·
So today I am running errands and drive over the sandbar bridge from Milton (the T is silent) Vermont over to South Hero. This is the main (only) road from the south onto the islands. Traveled every day by hundreds or thousands of drivers. Is passes the sand bar wild life management area. Map below. I parked at the labeled boat launch you can see marked next to the blue binocular symbol and the sand bar state park. These is a line of buoys in the water that marks the separation refuge area and open hunting area. This line is clearly visible with binoculars from the viewing area. I had to stop and take a photo.

So this is the WMA state map

This is the photo I took
How many duck blinds can you count?

and in this one I circled the duck blinds. I got 11 all stacked on top of one another and all visible from the main road.

[Come On Man!!!:confused:
Geeze Ken-
Appears to be a Pygmy civilization.
Looks like a better place for,..well,..honoring (?) ;-)

#14 ·
Had two people come over the backside(there was a beach on that side) of a jetty in Maine while we were seaduck hunting and ask if we had seen any seals. There were all decked out with their bino's hanging from there necks. I wanted so bad to say "yeah we saw a few but when we shot the little one the others all took off"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.