The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Blank slate and high hopes.

Default Blank slate and high hopes.

I have posted a few times but not introduced myself. Last week I picked up my new BLF puppy out of this litter I found on this site. The Breeders were very helpful and a pleasure to deal with. http://www.retrievertraining.net/for...sonably-Priced I was first pick of 3 black females and spent an hour doing so. I took the wife and 3 boys to help decide on the pup. We had mixed opinions but ultimately I listened to subtle hints the breeders dropped and made my pick.

This will be my 3rd lab hunting partner. I will admit my first dog I had no idea what I was doing. I was tickled to death to have him return with a duck even if I had to throw a rock near the dead bird to have him head out there....

My 2nd dog(avatar) I was fortunate to find a field trialer to work with. I trained the dog every day with absolute intentions of hunt tests/trials. I covered all the bases CC, FF, etc... She turned out great, then life happened and trials/tests never happened. She was a great hunting partner that retrieved every bird, never fail.

For this pup I have high aspirations. I am fortunate to live in an area with many clubs/trials/tests within a 2 hour drive. I am hoping at least one of my 3 young sons will take an interest in this hobby and be glad to help throw bumpers. Although I am willing to make it a requirement for their allowance... I allready realize the challenges of training a pup with a 9,7,5 year old in the house. But they are adhering to my rules for the most part.

When I trained my 2nd pup Mike Lardy was the only show in town. This time, I have gotten a hold of the new TRT, Smartworks, Farmer/Aycock, Voight, and all the HIllman Videos. I plan to go 100% Hillman on this pup.

My Gun Dog Supply order came in today and my new TT Flyway is on charge. The 24 various bumpers I also bought are neatly stacked in the box. Yes I have the bug again and can't wait till she is ready for her first derby or JH test.

I look forward to meeting some Maryland hunt testers and trialers. I would like to join a training group in my area if one is available.
    Delta.jpg
    Thanks,
    Scott Monzeglio
    Last edited by Captzig; 09-19-2013 at 09:13 PM.

She was a great hunting partner that retrieved every bird, never fail.
    Sounds like she was one darn good dog.
    Howard Niemi

You really gotta be careful about how high a pedestal you put your method, your accomplishments, your dog on. There's usually someone who's done more, somewhere. And they may have used a different method than you did! Chris Atkinson 2013

get your dog out and TRAIN! caryalsobrook 2013

Good name for her:
    Blank Slate - High Hopes
    "Dream big and dare to fail"

"Leadership in Service"

Quote Originally Posted by deadriver View Post
    Good name for her:
    Blank Slate - High Hopes
    With call name "Hope"

Hope all goes well! Welcome and enjoy!
    HRCH Scaupgetters Tarnation QAA
    HR Blackie 2 CGN, WCI
    Metras's Hashtag Mickey

"Knowing how important right timing is in accomplishing right actions"
    Uncle Ray

Welcome to a whole new world and Good luck with her. There is a field trial this weekend at Rebel Ridge and many of the same people also run hunt tests. You might want to head up Saturday morning as the Open, Amateur and Qualifying are all starting on Saturday. Its a good way to meet the locals. Just wear darker clothing (no white) I know many groups train at Rebel Ridge and then if you want to head a bit south, I know several on the Eastern Shore. If you want the names of hunt testers on the Eastern Shore you might be able to train with, give me a call at Four 1 Oh-Four 6 Three-Oh Three Four Oh.
    Wendy
    AFC Black Magic's Return to Lender "Repo"
    Candlewoods Fox-C Mel, MH QAA "Mel"

welcome and good luck!

Welcome to RTF and enjoy th ride