The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker

Thread: Another Mass Shooting Last Night........

Default Another Mass Shooting Last Night........

18 people were shot in Chicago's south side neighborhood last night, 13 at a playground.

Were is the outrage??????

18 shot in 4 hours in attacks across city

Staff report
    12:11 a.m. CDT, September 20, 2013

At least 18 people were shot, one fatally, in less than four hours in attacks in Chicago Thursday evening, police said.

In attack in Back of the Yards, 12 people, including a 3-year-old boy, were shot at Cornell Square Park, authorities said.

A 36-year-old man was shot near 77th Street and Sangamon Avenue about 6:56 p.m., said Chicago Police News Affairs Officer Daniel O'Brien. The man suffered multiple gunshot wounds to his upper body and was taken to John H. Stroger Jr. Hospital in critical condition.

The man was later declared dead, according to the Cook County medical examiner's office.

In the first shooting, a teenage boy was shot in the foot in the 700 block of West 72nd Street in the Englewood neighborhood about 6:35 p.m., said Chicago Police News Affairs Officer Daniel O’Brien. The victim, who told police he had heard shots, then felt pain, but otherwise gave little information about the shooting, was in good condition at Advocate Christ Medical Center in Oak Lawn.

About 6:52 p.m. in the 3800 block of West 57th Place in the West Elsdon neighborhood, two men in their 20s were shot, O’Brien said. One was shot in the stomach, and the other suffered a graze wound to the thigh, and both had had their conditions stabilized at Christ Medical Center.

Just after 7:15 p.m., a 28-year-old man was shot in the stomach in the 5700 block of South Aberdeen Street in the Englewood neighborhood, O’Brien said.

About 10:31 p.m., a 21-year-old man was shot in both legs in the 5500 block of West North Avenue in the Austin neigborhood. An attacker came up to the man and shot him, then fled north on Luna Avenue, said Chicago Police News Affairs Officer Ronald Gaines.

chicagobreaking@tribune.com | Twitter: @ChicagoBreaking

Copyright 2013 Chicago Tribune Company, LLC

My sincere condolences to the families......................
    Last edited by road kill; 09-20-2013 at 06:44 AM.

Bet it was a "White Hispanic" shootin the "Gat".
    Just Win

I don't get it. I guess it is only news in certain cases. Sad. Prayers for all impacted.
    What if all we have today is what we gave thanks for yesterday?

Quote Originally Posted by GaryJ View Post
    I don't get it. I guess it is only news in certain cases. Sad. Prayers for all impacted.
    Not really, that's what happens down on the Progressive Plantation. Generational Poverty can only Breed animals with no moral compass.
    Just Win

its not front page news because RahmBO has the media down playing the tragedy in the POTUS own adopted home town, according to new FBI stats, Chicago is now the murder capitol of the country, its black on black crime, it doesnt fit the progressive narrative
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

if only that city had a community organizer
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin