The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: About to Lose Another Freedom

Default About to Lose Another Freedom

To ACA,

Federal Government Preparing for Universal Helmet Law

The American Motorcyclist Association reports today that a federal task force is preparing to recommend a federal mandate be put in place forcing all 50 states to adopt mandatory motorcycle helmet laws.
    The Community Preventive Services Task Force, whose 15 members are appointed by the director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, makes recommendations to the CDC and reports to the U.S. Congress about community preventive services, programs and policies to improve health. The task force will report that a universal helmet law would reduce injuries and deaths as well as result in economic benefits.

The CDC, which oversees the task force, is a federal agency under the Department of Health and Human Services and is headquartered in Atlanta. Its official mission is to protect America from health, safety and security threats, both foreign and in the United States. "Whether diseases start at home or abroad, are chronic or acute, curable or preventable, human error or deliberate attack, CDC fights disease and supports communities and citizens to do the same," the agency says on its website.

Opinion: Now that Obamacare is in effect, there is a great need for the federal government to minimize illness and injury to lessen the burden on the system. Moreover, because Obamacare sets premiums based on your income level, younger persons will typically pay less for their coverage, making it more important to lessen their healthcare needs. Look for more sweeping "big brother" laws that will erode our freedoms for the sake keeping Obamacare afloat.

Source: American Motorcycle Association Press Release
    Hey DC, you keep my helmut, I'll keep my guns!!

Anything to plug the holes in the titanic called the Affordable Care Act. When it does sink it wont be long and we will have a single payer health care system.
    Hebrews 11:3 By faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that the things which are seen were not made of things which are visible.

What if all we have today is what we gave thanks for yesterday?

And the dominoes will start to tumble. Next ice cream, just in time to put Hostess out of business for good this time.

the helmet laws always remind me of Jack Nicholson in "Easy Rider" wearing the football helmet while riding with Hopper and Fonda..heck of a movie
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    the helmet laws always remind me of Jack Nicholson in "Easy Rider" wearing the football helmet while riding with Hopper and Fonda..heck of a movie
    I don't think that one was D.O.T. approved.

We just went thru getting a new medically underwritten policy to avoid Obomacare for 11 months.
    Never have we had this question.
    "Has anyone ridden a motorcycle in the last 2 years?"
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI