The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Iran

Default Iran

Iran Said to Seek a Nuclear Accord to End SanctionsBy THOMAS ERDBRINK and MARK LANDLER

Seizing on a perceived flexibility in a letter from President Obama to President Hassan Rouhani, Iran's leaders are focused on getting quick relief from crippling sanctions, a top adviser to the Iranian leadership said.
    Yup ... I believe them, don't you?
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Is it bad that I believe them more than I do our government? Iran has the potential to be a great ally, the people just elected a moderate candidate that ran on improving relationships with the western powers. He beat out the bomb Israel candidate and the other candidate that wanted to bomb Israel and sprinkle salt on the ground after. Our media is trying to paint them as an unredeemable bad guy, but there is great opportunity there for better relations.

I think they need a little more crippling. They want the sanctions eased so that they can accelerate their nuclear weapons program. When they start drinking their oil because they have run out of food, it will ALMOST be time to ease up. -Paul
    there's no good reason to fatten up a retriever.

So do we trust first and hope or do we make Iran earn our trust. Where I come from you need earn my trust. It would be very easy to open the doors to the UN to validate where the Uranium is going.
    Hebrews 11:3 By faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that the things which are seen were not made of things which are visible.

What if all we have today is what we gave thanks for yesterday?

Iran is not ruled by an ‘elected’ official, he us just afigure head. The Supreme Leader of Iran is Ayatollah Khameneithehead of state and highest ranking political and religious authority in the Islamic Republic of Iran. Theleader is more powerful than the President of Iran and appoints the heads of many powerfulposts in the military, the civil government, and the judiciary. The current President is Hassan Rouhani he is the mainnegotiator with the West, but has no power, only what Ayatollah tells him to door not to do!
    Remember Iran’scurrent Ayatollah and original Ayatollah has sworn to destroy Israel and allher allies. That is the only promise youcan trust from Iran!

Interesting ... is the fatwa against nuclear weapons a hoax; and has Obama bought into the hoax?

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/09...cmp=latestnews

Carmon noted that Khamenei in 2012 was asked directly about the morality of pursuing nuclear weapons, and his answer was telling.

The question asked to Khamenei was, in light of a Koran teaching that orders Muslims to “prepare against [non-Muslims] whatever you are able of power and of steeds of war by which you may terrify the enemy of Allah,” is it also “forbidden to obtain nuclear weapons, as per your ruling that their use is prohibited?”

Khamenei’s answer, according to MEMRI, was “your letter has no jurisprudential aspect. When it has a jurisprudent position, then it will be possible to answer it.”
    In April 2012, then-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, speaking at a NATO conference, cited the supposed fatwa, but with a degree of skepticism.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Looks like Obama/Kerry decide to trust first, ask questions later.
    "I met Secretary Kerry right before he leaves to Geneva," said Netanyhau. "I reminded him that he said that no deal is better than a bad deal. That the deal that is being discussed in Geneva right now is a bad deal. It’s a very bad deal. Iran is not required to take apart even one centrifuge. But the international community is relieving sanctions on Iran for the first time after many years. Iran gets everything that it wanted at this stage and it pays nothing. And this is when Iran is under severe pressure. I urge Secretary Kerry not to rush to sign, to wait, to reconsider, to get a good deal. But this is a bad deal--a very, very bad deal. It’s the deal of a century for Iran; it’s a very dangerous and bad deal for peace and the international community."
    I think that Obama/Kerry have been played big time.

However, another article mentioned that Congress could have something to say about lifting sanctions.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com

It is good to negotiate with Iran. They do not trust us and most likely never will and we do not trust them and never will. Odd as it sounds that is actually a pretty predictable platform to do work with. The president of Iran is the type of person we want in there. Letting him have some wins will help raise his level of influence. I am not suggesting dropping sanctions and letting them be, but defiantly being supportive of this guy is a good thing for us.
    During break time at obedience school, two dogs were talking.
    One said to the other..."The thing I hate about obedience school is you learn ALL this stuff you will never use in the real world."

http://dailycaller.com/2013/11/09/ir...l-be-attacked/
    Henlee, I don't believe that Iran ever really wanted to negotiate. Rhouhani may "look" better, but he has the same beliefs as his predecessor ... just may present himself with less passion.

Obama had eased up on some sanctions to show good will (presumably; though it could have been just guilability) ... but I sure hope that Congress doesn't agree to more of that.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com

“The president has been willing and made it clear that he is prepared to use force with respect to Iran’s weapon, and he has deployed the forces and the weapons necessary to achieve that goal if it has to be achieved,” he said. “We can’t let mythology and politics start to cloud reality.”

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...#ixzz2kGsuj6oY
    This sounds a little like the "red line" drawn for Syria. I doubt world leaders place much credibility in Obama's "clear" statements any longer.

Was kind of surprising to see France stand up, I thought.

G.Clinchy@gmail.com