The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Iran

I feel bad for the Iranian people, but if we were going to get involved we should have done that a couple years ago when the people were in the streets protesting the false election. The people are in a bad situation, but the mullahs are not interested in the people. Most people throughout the world do not trust the US because they see our government as putting oil before people. If it was not us it would be some other country stepping in for the oil. They displace their hatred on us when it should be directed as their corrupt leaders who do nothing for the average man on the street. I'm paraphrasing from the book I just read. The author is an victim of Iran's government, but now is a citizen of Canada. She does not trust the Iranian government. She is still a Muslim, unlike most Iranians who have felt victimized by the Islamic Republic.

Terri

Los Angeles Timess
    The White House warned Congress on Tuesday that slapping new sanctions on Iran could sink international negotiations to curb Tehran’s nuclear program and send America on a “march to war.”

In the latest ratcheting up of the administration’s effort to stop Congress from adding to existing sanctions, White House Press Secretary Jay Carney said Americans are in a deeply antiwar mood and implied that voters might turn their anger on lawmakers if a failure of diplomacy leads to military action to prevent Iran from getting the bomb.
    Do I understand this correctly? We must be nice to Iran so they don't accelerate their advance to nuclear capability. If we are not nice, we might need military action instead.

When Iran announces it has nuclear capability, I can already hear Obama saying, "I didn't know. Nobody is angrier than I am."
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

They are using the carrot and the stick. They are already beat up with sanctions, now we need to show them that we are willing to negotiate if they are willing to comply. Their new prime minister is not nearly as bad as some of the other former leaders. Letting him have some wins to boost his personal power with the Ayatollah is a good option, if for no other reason than to see if peaceful options exist.
    During break time at obedience school, two dogs were talking.
    One said to the other..."The thing I hate about obedience school is you learn ALL this stuff you will never use in the real world."

Quote Originally Posted by Henlee View Post
    They are using the carrot and the stick. They are already beat up with sanctions, now we need to show them that we are willing to negotiate if they are willing to comply. Their new prime minister is not nearly as bad as some of the other former leaders. Letting him have some wins to boost his personal power with the Ayatollah is a good option, if for no other reason than to see if peaceful options exist.
    Truthfully, I think it's just a play of "good cop-bad cop", but Iran's goals are the same, and always directed by the Ayatollah. Rhouhani may have a different "facade" than his predecessor, but same objectives. Most of the other Arabs don't trust the Iranians desire for control of the region either.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.