The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FIRE CONGRESS NOW- ALL 535 of em!!!

Default FIRE CONGRESS NOW- ALL 535 of em!!!

Regardless of yours or their party affiliation; FIRE EM ALL
    Congress has an approval rating in the single digits, yet 90%+ of incumbents get re-elected.
    The sheeple keep falling for the same BS and the circle jerk continues.
    Insanity is often defined as continuing to do the same thing yet expecting different results!!
    People who live in Rep districts keep putting their Rep idiot back in office & people who live in Dem districts keep putting their Dem idiot back in office.

As a result we keep get this endless ineffective partsian brinksmanship BS

We the people, who are supposed to be served by these self serving talking heads, are the ultimate losers. The only winners are the status quo Rep & Dem parties, and of course the returning politicos who could care less about us. In spite of the lip service they all give to their concerns for their "Constituency" all they really care about are the party power brokers and the lobbyists that fund them in able to get re-elected.

WAKE UP PEOPLE!! We need to take back the power we have willingly ceded to the Two Party monster that is ruining our great country, and once again make our representatives responsive to us.
    Lets return to a system where the govt is afraid of and responsive to the governed, as opposed to the present system where we stand in fear of the govt
    Te Dem & Reps have both had periods where they controlled Washington. In spite of their preening that they are good guys and the other party is evil things didn't miraculously improve when either party was running the show
    The solution I propose is that we need to stop being Good Democrats or Republicans and start being Good Americans.

What is your solution?
    Last edited by mjh345; 09-20-2013 at 11:24 AM.

I'm all for it !,but how do you get All the infection out of such a big wound ? The corruption and lies are embedded so deep that the American citizen doesn't stand a chance.
    Shawn White

HR Big Creek Retrievers Independence Day JH QAA "Indy "

my solution is remove ALL Lobbyists...the only special interest groups should be the constituents themselves..limit Congresspersons to a total of TEN yrs served and Senators to 12 years served...if they cant do the job by that standard then boot them out of office
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    my solution is remove ALL Lobbyists...the only special interest groups should be the constituents themselves..limit Congresspersons to a total of TEN yrs served and Senators to 12 years served...if they cant do the job by that standard then boot them out of office
    Too long......6 and 8 years, respectively. But I agree with you about the lobbyists.-Paul
    there's no good reason to fatten up a retriever.

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    Im all for sticking a hose up K Street and applying an enema that would flush out all of the lobbyist's.
    I guess in a way what I'm arguing is that the two most powerful and influential {destructive} lobbyists in Washington D.C. are the DNC & RNC. Would you agree?

1)Call Lobbying what it really is, blackmail and racketeering, arrest people that commit those crimes. 2) Term limits of 4 years, period. House them in dormitories and feed them with typical college or institutional cafeteria style meals. 3) They get the same medical coverage as other working stiffs ONLY while they are in office. 4) Only people that have been in the non government workforce are eligible. 4) Salaries to be based on performance, ie legislation passed and budgets met. 5) No pension or stipends.

Of course this requires that potential members of Congress and The Senate do it because they really care about serving their country, not for gain. Think anyone will step up?
    Carol,
    Owned and handled by Cruisin' with Indiana Jones, JH
    Alternate Handler: Westwind Buffalo Soldier
    Apprentice Handler: Snake River Medicine Man, JH
    http://newhoperetrievers.com

Quote Originally Posted by 2tall View Post
    1)Call Lobbying what it really is, blackmail and racketeering, arrest people that commit those crimes. 2) Term limits of 4 years, period. House them in dormitories and feed them with typical college or institutional cafeteria style meals. 3) They get the same medical coverage as other working stiffs ONLY while they are in office. 4) Only people that have been in the non government workforce are eligible. 4) Salaries to be based on performance, ie legislation passed and budgets met. 5) No pension or stipends.

Of course this requires that potential members of Congress and The Senate do it because they really care about serving their country, not for gain. Think anyone will step up?
    Carol, I agree with most of your proposal; with the exception of #4. I'm of the opinion that the less legislation passed the better in most cases.
    And NO, I don't believe the current bunch of self-serving crooks will step up

what really smells are when former Senators and Congressperson turn into lobbyists its nothing more than legal bribery,a former elected official should never be allowed to be a legal lobbyist
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

DC should be shut down. With our communication abilities there is no reason congress should have to meet face to face. Have them live in their districts and video conference meetings with them among their constituents.

Quote Originally Posted by BrettG View Post
    DC should be shut down. With our communication abilities there is no reason congress should have to meet face to face. Have them live in their districts and video conference meetings with them among their constituents.
    i agree. They can sit in front of their constituents when they vote. I fear that even with that it will probably be difficult to get good representatives in a society of 'it's all about me' people.
    Hebrews 11:3 By faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that the things which are seen were not made of things which are visible.

What if all we have today is what we gave thanks for yesterday?

Let the views of others educate and inform you, but let your decisions be a product of your own conclusions. (Jim Rohn)