The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Teal Season

Normally we do really good during the teal season. This year was very different, I think the warm temps and drought were a big factor. Also I use to travel a lot scouting, but work and a new daughter have changed priorities. I have heard from a lot of guys in Nebraska that the last couple days have been awesome.

Just finished up our Ohio early teal and did pretty well on a few hunts.

These two pics are from Trig's frist 2 hunts ever.

Quote Originally Posted by swampcollielover View Post
    In Missouri I went out once last week and once this week, very few birds....teal season always starts 2-3 weeks to early as the ducks are just not in this area this early.....
    X2 Went last weekend and we seen 6 , But harvested 3 big head carp with the boat,and frog gig.
    Shawn White

HR Big Creek Retrievers Independence Day JH QAA "Indy "

BCR's Born to Boogie "Boogie" (FC Contempt of Court "Ruckus" X HR Big Creek Retrivers Independence Day JH QAA "Indy")

Quote Originally Posted by shawninthesticks View Post
    X2 Went last weekend and we seen 6 , But harvested 3 big head carp with the boat,and frog gig.
    Well, better than nothing....November is just around the corner.....lots of water and birds up North...just hope for early cold weather to drive them down here to Gods Country.....

straightsix....nice looking Lab, with lots of feathers around him! Wishing I were with you on that hunt!

Quote Originally Posted by Keith S. View Post
    Normally we do really good during the teal season. This year was very different, I think the warm temps and drought were a big factor. Also I use to travel a lot scouting, but work and a new daughter have changed priorities. I have heard from a lot of guys in Nebraska that the last couple days have been awesome.
    I understand the 'priorities changing thing' I raised 3 including one girl. The boys now take me hunting...funny how life goes full circle.

Well, better than nothing....November is just around the corner.....lots of water and birds up North...just hope for early cold weather to drive them down here to Gods Country.....

LOL not really ,thats a scary feeling when your on the river at O dark thirty and you have this going on around you

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=2&theater

These things average 8+ lbs (I've seen 40 + pounders brought in with a bow fishing rig this year)and the dog took one to the side and I took a direct hit to the chest on the way to the duck blind,its like getting hit with a baseball bat and not seeing it coming.The slime they leave behind is horrible!
    Shawn White

HR Big Creek Retrievers Independence Day JH QAA "Indy "

BCR's Born to Boogie "Boogie" (FC Contempt of Court "Ruckus" X HR Big Creek Retrivers Independence Day JH QAA "Indy")

Chilly yesterday here in SW Michigan and 41* this morning should get the birds moving your way

Yes I know that there are 40 Teal landing in the decoys behind me,
    but the law says no more than 6.

Saw more birds this morning but hardly any wanted to work for us. Newly cut rice field was pretty hot this morning though. It'll probably get right as the season closes for us. Getting ready for the main event in Nov. 2!