The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Adequan

Default Adequan

Been usung adequan for about 1 1/2 yrs now for my older displastic dog. Went online last night to order up some more and searched all the major pet supply houses and everybody says out of stock. Any body know any smaller suppliers that might have some in stock. I'm injecting a 2 ml dose monthly and it works well. Don't want him to get back into the pain he had before adequan. Bud
    Bud Bass, aka akblackdawg

"Your life today is a result of your attitude and the decisions you made yesterday. Your life tomorrow will be the result of your attitude and the decisions you make today." unknown

Are you using the Equine solution? I have had no trouble buying for both dogs and horses thru my vet. it does require an Rx.
    Brian & Jennifer Tucker
    Bennett, Colorado

Marks-A-Lot Babyface (2003 HR CH Marks A Lot Gangster QAA MNH CD WCX x Marks-A-Lot Call Me Cathy)

Marks-A-Lot Gangster's Midnite Star SH (2012 HR CH Marks A Lot Gangster QAA MNH CD WCX X Crabby Patty JH)

Dixie's Crimson Tide MH (Yup...a Golden!)

Marks-A-Lot's Irish Boy- AKA"The Pup"

Equine Adequan has been in short supply for 2-3 months, the manufacturer Luiptold says it will be available for shipping sometime this month, not sure about the canine version which seems to be in good supply. The pet supply retailers are the last ones to get products in short supply.

Boy I sure would appreciate knowing where the canine version is in good supply....can't find it anywhere. My 16+ year old golden has been on it for quite some time, and it makes a huge difference. I have about 4 weeks left (she gets it once a week). Any leads on where to find some would be greatly appreciated. My vet is out, too, and is using the generic which is not chemically equivalent, and doesn't work for my dog.

Barb Gibson
    with
    CH Rosewood Little Giant UDX VER RA MHU SH MXP MJP XFP T2BP VCX WCX CCA CGC FFX-OG
    also UCH HR UUD UJJ URO1 UHIT
    (golden retriever) born 3-10-07
    a.k.a. "Tito", "The Tito Monster"
    www.GoTeamTito.com

You could try Smartpak. They have canine adequan on their site. I get my horse's supplements from them and their customer service is top notch. They have a good canine selection too.
    I don't have their address off the top of my head, but a google search will bring it up.
    Marcy
    Marcy Wright

Quote Originally Posted by hotel4dogs View Post
    Boy I sure would appreciate knowing where the canine version is in good supply....can't find it anywhere. My 16+ year old golden has been on it for quite some time, and it makes a huge difference. I have about 4 weeks left (she gets it once a week). Any leads on where to find some would be greatly appreciated. My vet is out, too, and is using the generic which is not chemically equivalent, and doesn't work for my dog.
    I will check again, asked office manager this AM if our Adequan supply was good and she said yes and was unaware of a supply problem. Spouse's horse is on it and we have been out for more than 2 months but did get an order acknowledgement from a supplier of Equine but no shipping date. My inquiries to Luitpold indicated it would be available end of May.

Just ordered 2 vial of the canine product today, no backorder mentioned. We will see.
    Nate Baxter, DVM
    Lebanon, OH

Im unaware if there is a supply problem.... i have a few of the 7 dose boxed that I purchased a few months ago for the horses and the dogs.
    Brian & Jennifer Tucker
    Bennett, Colorado

Marks-A-Lot Babyface (2003 HR CH Marks A Lot Gangster QAA MNH CD WCX x Marks-A-Lot Call Me Cathy)

Marks-A-Lot Gangster's Midnite Star SH (2012 HR CH Marks A Lot Gangster QAA MNH CD WCX X Crabby Patty JH)

Dixie's Crimson Tide MH (Yup...a Golden!)

Marks-A-Lot's Irish Boy- AKA"The Pup"

Nate, where did you order yours from? Also, is there any difference in canine and equian adequan? talked with both novartis and luitpold today and neither can give me a shipping date, and are out of stock. petmeds says they have been out for about 2 weeks of canine. all the other suppliers say they are out also, not being a vet, can just go to retail outlets, still waiting for a call back from my vet to see if he has any in stock. i will google smartpak and try them.... thanks all....Bud

"Your life today is a result of your attitude and the decisions you made yesterday. Your life tomorrow will be the result of your attitude and the decisions you make today." unknown

The rep at smartpak told me they were out and Novartis told them expect shipping about July 24th... Bud