The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Navajo Dam Hunt Test is On!

  1. #1
    Senior Member 2tall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Taos, New Mexico
    Posts
    7,947

    Default Navajo Dam Hunt Test is On!

    Yay! The test in New Mexico is now up for entries on EE. The dates are Oct. 26 & 27. There will be a Master and double Junior/Senior tests. Please come, there will be fantastic scenery, great food, fun people and for those (like me) whose spouses get tired of watching dogs, there is world class fishing on the San Juan.
    Carol,
    Owned and handled by Cruisin' with Indiana Jones, JH
    Alternate Handler: Westwind Buffalo Soldier
    Apprentice Handler: Snake River Medicine Man, JH
    http://newhoperetrievers.com

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    689

    Default

    And don't forget that participants need to purchase a daily or annual park pass. This is new this year.
    Chuck

  3. #3
    Senior Member MooseGooser's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    7,165

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dr_dog_guy View Post
    And don't forget that participants need to purchase a daily or annual park pass. This is new this year.

    Gooser's commin! The scenery in that area is really something to see. I haven't been down that way for quite sometime though. I use to fish it a lot. The San Juan river below the dam is just an amazing tail water fishery. It didn't use to take a guy very long before he became a member of the 20/20 club!...A 20 inch fish caught on a size #20 hook.
    I am really looking forward to the trip. Thanks to the people in charge that made the decision to go ahead with the test..

    For folks that come to Colorado, and run tests along the front range, with all the traffic, and hubbub that goes along with it, I think you will be very pleased to run the New Mexico tests... very beautiful country, with lots of wildlife..


    Gooser
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.
    Brynmoors Prairie Sage JH ​(Sage) Just a dang fool huntin Dawg
    HRCH Calypso Seven Bales High SH (Bailey)
    HR Calypso Zoomin Loosies Mad Hader (Maddi) We loved you baby. R.I.P.
    FlatLanders Broken Pistol Ricochet SH (Flinch)


    My Christian Name is Michael Baker..
    I have gone by "Gooser" since I was a "gossling"

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    689

    Default

    I'm really tickled you are coming, Mike. I've wanted to meet you for some time. I grew up in Arvada (Arvada West '73), tried to help Brian with that dog training area issue, and have run that Women's Field Trial a couple of times. I suspect we have some mutual friends up there.
    Chuck

  5. #5
    Senior Member MooseGooser's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    7,165

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dr_dog_guy View Post
    I'm really tickled you are coming, Mike. I've wanted to meet you for some time. I grew up in Arvada (Arvada West '73), tried to help Brian with that dog training area issue, and have run that Women's Field Trial a couple of times. I suspect we have some mutual friends up there.

    Mullen High school,,, 1973

    You must be a Dave Logan fan!

    Looking forward to meeting you also..

    Have just missed carol a couple a times... Should be a fun weekend.
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.
    Brynmoors Prairie Sage JH ​(Sage) Just a dang fool huntin Dawg
    HRCH Calypso Seven Bales High SH (Bailey)
    HR Calypso Zoomin Loosies Mad Hader (Maddi) We loved you baby. R.I.P.
    FlatLanders Broken Pistol Ricochet SH (Flinch)


    My Christian Name is Michael Baker..
    I have gone by "Gooser" since I was a "gossling"

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    689

    Default

    I am a Dave Logan fan, though in highschool he went to Wheat Ridge. But we took state in '72, which is when I think he graduated and I was supposed to, so it was only later I became a fan. earlier I was a heckler.
    Chuck

  7. #7
    Senior Member MooseGooser's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    7,165

    Default

    Figgered back then, Awest and Wheat Ridge were Major rivals.

    All I got outa High school was crooked fingers from Nuns and Rulers!
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.
    Brynmoors Prairie Sage JH ​(Sage) Just a dang fool huntin Dawg
    HRCH Calypso Seven Bales High SH (Bailey)
    HR Calypso Zoomin Loosies Mad Hader (Maddi) We loved you baby. R.I.P.
    FlatLanders Broken Pistol Ricochet SH (Flinch)


    My Christian Name is Michael Baker..
    I have gone by "Gooser" since I was a "gossling"

  8. #8
    Senior Member 2tall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Taos, New Mexico
    Posts
    7,947

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MooseGooser View Post
    Gooser's commin! The scenery in that area is really something to see. I haven't been down that way for quite sometime though. I use to fish it a lot. The San Juan river below the dam is just an amazing tail water fishery. It didn't use to take a guy very long before he became a member of the 20/20 club!...A 20 inch fish caught on a size #20 hook.
    I am really looking forward to the trip. Thanks to the people in charge that made the decision to go ahead with the test..

    For folks that come to Colorado, and run tests along the front range, with all the traffic, and hubbub that goes along with it, I think you will be very pleased to run the New Mexico tests... very beautiful country, with lots of wildlife..


    Gooser
    Well yeah! We're going aren't we?
    Carol,
    Owned and handled by Cruisin' with Indiana Jones, JH
    Alternate Handler: Westwind Buffalo Soldier
    Apprentice Handler: Snake River Medicine Man, JH
    http://newhoperetrievers.com

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    689

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MooseGooser View Post
    Figgered back then, Awest and Wheat Ridge were Major rivals.

    All I got outa High school was crooked fingers from Nuns and Rulers!
    I did a little better than that, but not so you'd notice
    Chuck

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •