The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dog does not want to enter area and foaming at the mouth???????

Quote Originally Posted by MooseGooser View Post
    Has your dog ever caught a toad or frog?

Has this happened recently?

If your dog caught one, bit it , or licked it, and said toad didn't turn into a Prince, then what happens, their eyes go in circles, and they foam at the mouth.

Some of them remember that experience, and will foam when they get scent of a non prince type toad.

Just an uneducated guess from Gooser
    Naw mooser i have a buddy whose dog sniffs them out and plays with them and he has experienced the foaming at the mouth from the frog but mine was never around any frogs...Thanks for the help tho
    Drew Allain

Cajun Made King "Zeus"

Quote Originally Posted by ada5771 View Post
    Naw mooser i have a buddy whose dog sniffs them out and plays with them and he has experienced the foaming at the mouth from the frog but mine was never around any frogs...Thanks for the help tho
    Is you sure???
    Have you noticed any really good looking young men with long eye lashes hangin round your kennel?

I would keep an eye out if I was you.

The Prince will be indebted to the dog for life you know.

Another clue might be someone carrin a minstrel shaped gitar
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.
    Brynmoors Prairie Sage JH ​(Sage) Just a dang fool huntin Dawg
    HRCH Calypso Seven Bales High SH (Bailey)
    HR Calypso Zoomin Loosies Mad Hader (Maddi) We loved you baby. R.I.P.
    FlatLanders Broken Pistol Ricochet SH (Flinch)

My Christian Name is Michael Baker..
    I have gone by "Gooser" since I was a "gossling"

Quote Originally Posted by MooseGooser View Post
    Is you sure???
    Have you noticed any really good looking young men with long eye lashes hangin round your kennel?

I would keep an eye out if I was you.

The Prince will be indebted to the dog for life you know.

Another clue might be someone carrin a minstrel shaped gitar
    well mooser if i do fine one i will put him to work quick i need a BB thrower this training alone is getting to me....
    Drew Allain

Cajun Made King "Zeus"

Drew,
    sounds like a Feral dog, Coyote, wandering pet dog, that was a bitch in heat marked the area.
    then your young male got a snootfull and started drooling. did he seem, um, "horny" or just ill at ease?
    I know from the hounds of my youth, dogs will freak out at times when they get a wiff of a Coyote in heat.
    It is like they know a group of Coyote Males will floss with them if they try to go for it.
    any wild dogs in your area?
    afore I blamed toads or fairy rings, I would blame it on a bitch.
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Ken, I have thought about that possibly a coyote although my grandparents house is not exactly in a remote location where you would find a coyote wondering around. It may have been some other animal or stray dog i will just monitor it and make sure this does not start happening on a regular bases i was just wondering if anyone has ever experienced anything like this before. PS he was not aroused from the situation just very uneasy like the first time you try to put a pup in water he just did not want to enter that area.

I am starting to think it was just a poop.. as a puppy i can remember throwing marks and he would get the same way when a bumper landed next to his poop. He would circle and circle not wanting to get close and tip toe to get it. Once he was ff i never experienced him do that again. This is coming from a dog who has never pooped in his outdoor kennel... he must have a phobia of poop
    Last edited by ada5771; 09-23-2013 at 04:58 PM.
    Drew Allain

Cajun Made King "Zeus"

... he must have a phobia of poop
    count your blessings
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Ken, I have thought about that possibly a coyote although my grandparents house is not exactly in a remote location where you would find a coyote wondering around.
    I live in a 24-house neighborhood right across from 2 developments with probably 200 houses, and we occasionally see a large female coyote trotting down the middle of the main road between the two open fields she undoubtedly hunts in. This is in addition to the deer and turkey and the rattlesnake with 11 rattles that was killed in the yard of one of the houses across the road last week. We live in the city limits with about 100K people.
    Steve Wyatt

HR Belle's Rolling Big Rig "Jimmy"

Everytime I take my dogs out and my female (who is not intact) urinates, my intact male will go up and sniff the area of her pee. If I don't call him back right away, and he gets a whiff of it for more than about a second, he will pee on that same spot (sounds like a good idea to me, eh?) and will come bac foaming at the mouth. As stated before, could be many things that cause this....why don't you go out and let that pup pee, then see what your dog does....if he goes and sniffs it and foams at the mouth....BINGO!
    Jeremy
    Kankakee River HRC