The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No Wonder the Postal Service is Going Broke

The post office has issues mainly due to the way they handle employees. However this shipping might not be that crazy. This is the model UPS uses. They ship everything to these big hubs because it is more efficient It sounds counter intuitive but if you have 10 offices It is cheaper to send everything to 1 location (10 trips) then back (10 Trips) then ship between the 10 sites (45 Trips). Plus the one large sorting location is usually more efficient cause that is all they do and they can bring in one set of expensive sorting machines rather then 10 or doing it manually at each site.

Senior Member Lesa Cozens Dauphin's Avatar

I know the post office has tons of problems. But, for $.46 I can send a 3 page letter of nonsensical chatter to my 93 year old Grandmother that brings a smile to her face and brightens her day. No place else offers that service.

Granddaughter of a postmaster regards,

lesa c
    Ramblin Maxx Retrievers

Quote Originally Posted by Lesa Cozens Dauphin View Post
    I know the post office has tons of problems. But, for $.46 I can send a 3 page letter of nonsensical chatter to my 93 year old Grandmother that brings a smile to her face and brightens her day. No place else offers that service.

Granddaughter of a postmaster regards,

lesa c
    The postal service has gotten so bad that now between my 2nd cousin and I we have my 92 year old great Aunt and my 77 yr old Mom with our help using skype because between the US and UK postal services their letters keep getting lost and arriving months after mailing.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI