RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

National Retriever Championship in Brighton, Ontario started today

12K views 58 replies 33 participants last post by  Mary Lynn Metras 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Thanks for posting this Mary Lynn, I enjoyed the pictures and the write up about the test. Is there a list of participants anywhere? (Maybe I just didn't look hard enough?)

#3 · (Edited)
Go to the left side of the page, click on national, a drop down menu appears with gives several other links, among them the callbacks.

PS Give good thoughts and well wishes to dogs 12, 16, 39, 46, and your own favorites. :)

#8 ·
Good luck to all and take a moment to remember Sherwin Scott 2012's National winner.
Event Recreation Picnic

#10 ·
Cant believe its already been 4 years since Nola ran the Open Championship there in Brighton...

Congrats to ALL who qualified....and Good Luck to all that are entered

#12 ·
Good Luck Pete and Frenchie

#29 ·
Ditto that! Go Pete & Frenchie!!!!!

M

#14 ·
Ren's littermate Tea is there #22. I am sending best wishes to her and Frenchie #16.

Dawn

#18 ·
No. 6,19,22,41 Still in!!!! Go team Thompson!!!!!

#16 · (Edited)
The Third series. The issue the dogs had with the test were mostly with the long retired mark at the end of the channel. Some dogs were getting very close to the fall they were being sent for then they would leave the area and begin hunting between the two gun stations before working it out and putting a hunt that takes them to the original fall area they had started for. Also a number of dogs did get sucked up to the area between the two guns stations before they even got near the final destination. The elment of steadiness, courage, training and of course marking were in the test. Donna Martin has a detailed write up so please go to the National Retriever Club of Canada website for pictures and description.

#17 ·
Starting with a water blind today with a land quad rumoured for later today.

#22 ·
I was at the National today. A water blind and a land triple.(The quad was turned into a triple, I assume because of time)
A bloodbath; lots of dogs getting dropped!
Some terrific work nevertheless.

#24 ·
For some reason I didn't notice this before, but our own Andrea Carlson is running. She and her dog Tickey Tickey Pooh Pooh, er, I mean Ticket, are #38.

Go Andy and Ticket!

#25 ·
Sounds like lovely weather for the dogs if a trifle cool for the gallery. Wish I could be there to watch some of it.

Dawn

#27 ·
Go Pete Plourde and Frenchie!

#28 ·
#30 ·
Just got home. Weather was great for sitting in the gallery saw some great dog work. Andrea had a good water blind and a great set of water marks (again 3 retired guns) Ammo had the best water blind in my opinion (one whistle at the shore, one cast to the blind) also an excellent set of marks, Al had a handle on one of the water marks, Connie and Ready are in good shape as well had to leave before Sledge ran. Not sure they got the answers they wanted on the water triple. Grounds were at Jim Green's and were really nice. Tomorrow they are at another site and then back to Gahonk to finish on Saturday.Should be a great finish as there are any number of dogs in contention.

#31 ·
It's getting serious now... 19 dogs still in going to the 8th tomorrow... Good luck to all... A little better luck to one or two in particular;-)

Callbacks: 19 dogs are called back to the 8th series. Dogs called back are 4, 8, 9, 11, 12, 13, 16, 17, 24, 25, 31, 37, 38, 39, 40, 45, 46, 47, 48. Dogs not called back are; 6, 14, 15, 29, 34, 35, 53. Dog 39 will start Test 8 which is scheduled to be a Land Quad.

#32 ·
Damn......all my people are out.Good luck to the rest. Easy to sit back and say this and that but that water blind looked like the dogs were out of site for awhile,lots can happen. Jim

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.