The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Emmitt or Grady

The bitch line is what really pushed me over the edge for which litter to go for. Chacha is SRS HRCH MH MNH4 titled, but I watched her run on when she won the SRS in Stuttgart, Arkansas and she was great. She marked excellent and runs blinds great. Easy dog to handle on blinds.

Quote Originally Posted by Kajun Kamakazi View Post
    So you're saying "Breed dogs, not titles."
    Yes. I know some FC bitches that I wouldn't want a puppy from, even if given to me. Too soft. They all won't end up in the hands of a pro like Mike Lardy and Andy Attar.
    Susan

FC Tribute to Justice, JH "Honor"
    FC AFC Contempt of Court "Ruckus"
    Medal Of Honor, QAA "Valor"
    HRCH Kirby's High Sierra, SH, QAA "Kirby"
    HRCH Niki Snowbird, SH, QAA "Niki"
    Southland Order In the Court, QAA "Gavel" July 17, 2002- March 24, 2013
    Southland Rusty Nail - derby points, qual placements "Rusty"
    www.justiceretrievers.com

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    The bitch line is what really pushed me over the edge for which litter to go for. Chacha is SRS HRCH MH MNH4 titled, but I watched her run on when she won the SRS in Stuttgart, Arkansas and she was great. She marked excellent and runs blinds great. Easy dog to handle on blinds.
    There you go then, you've seen the dam and like her, you know Grady's record, now do the best you can by the pup and enjoy the ride. I've not seen any Emmitt pups yet, but quite a few Grady, and have two of my own, I like 'em just fine.
    Kim Pfister, Rainmaker Labs

I searched high and low for a Grady dog and waited longer than I anticipated. I am not disappointed, everything I wanted and was looking for. Grady X QAA pup, 17 weeks. She is very intelligent, willing to learn, nice on and off switch for a pup! Lot's of comments on how nice she looks

My middle pup, the one in the avatar, is a Grady pup. She is my wifes favorite and does well for me too in the field.The Dam is also a SRS winner and QAA. If your pup turns out like Belle (Grade'n on a Curve JH) you are a lucky man IMHO. And she's yellow to boot!

I'm getting a pup from the emmitt repeat breeding. Should be ready to go home in late Dec. I can't wait.

Couldn't decide so I got an Emmitt puppy out of a Grady daughter.

I have a Grady pup that is 20 months old and we got our MH title at 18 months. The Dam is a MH female that I have known for 8 years now. She is my trainers personal female. For 3 years I practically begged him to breed her to Grady. He finally did and the pup I got out of the litter is more than I expected. Like others have said the female side of the equation is really important. The title she may or may not have isn't necessarily an indicator of what the pups will turn out to be like. I was lucky and had the chance to see my pup's Dam train, run, hunt and even work with some of the pups she has thrown.
    "Blastem Daddy!" My Son's advice to me as a big ole Tom turkey came strutting within range. My son was 6 at the time.

Weller's Tell It To The Judge MH (Justice)
    Weller's Running With The Wind MH (Chase)
    JD's In It Again MH (Trouble) 5/1/2009 - 1/3/2012

Everyone has a Grady pup. For as much as he has been bred he should have some nice offspring on the ground. I seen several and what I've observed is that the training/home it receives is the ultimate factor. I believe the playing field is even when it comes to these two studs, look for what the bitch can offer. But it really doesn't matter how much you pay or how awesome the pedigree looks if the pups don't end up in the right hands. I would love to have a pup out of both bred to a NDL QAA bitch. The training they receive is what counts all the other stuff is bonus.

Y'all people are funny. It doesn't matter what breeding or who trains the dog, you have to have THE dog. It's always funny how people assume with this trainer that every dog will work. Not remotely close.