The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Emmitt or Grady

Read the events sections from this past weekend ohiodogman and look at the derby placements for yourself.
    Or at the 108 Qaa dogs he has produced in the past 5 years. We should be charging much more!!
    What I think is funny is listening to the Internet gossip from people who have never seen Gman run even at almost ten and half a lung he has more heart than most can ever imagine. He ran a 500 yd water blind today with three whistles and I threw about 6 walking singles while wick my 4 yr old son handled Grady on the line, launching and receiving the birds.
    Chad
    LUCK - WHEN PREPARATION MEETS REALITY!
    NAFC FC Cody Cut A Lean Grade "Grady" NAFC Paddle Creek's Pack Your Grip "Traveler"
    www.paddlecreekretrievers.com

I have a Grady son.... and want 6 more!!! Love what I have in Trigger
    God, Family, Country & LSU Football.

Not only is Grady a proven producer, so is his offspring. Traveler had a pup, a little over 12 months, finish her first derby this weekend with only a small hunt in 4 series. Obviously she has a long way to go but sure seems to be on the right track. Traveler may have more but this is the only one I know of.
    Sylvia McClure
    Retrieve a Cure
    Home of:
    Belvedere's Jolly Jackson MH
    FC-AFC Hilltop's High Society
    QAA High Society's Bewitched
    QAA Trumarc's Mavis
    High Society's Hatari Rumble
    High Society's Courtesan

www.reelretrievers.com

Quote Originally Posted by John Lash View Post
    The female brings a lot. Consider either sire with an FC, AFC or a QAA dam.
    I bred a non titled bitch to Grady. Not even a HT title. We kept a female that is a 4 year old GRHRCH, MNH, Matser National Hall of Fame and won 2 out of 4 quals. She has only failed one HT and that was the grand.
    We do very limited white coat training and she has run 3 opens and has been penciled out after the third series twice.
    Sure wish I had an FC/AFC bitch to breed to him, maybe I would get a good dog
    Last edited by TIM DOANE; 10-29-2013 at 10:01 AM.
    Tim Doane , Kingseed Kennels
    GRHRCH UH Hunters Marsh King Elijah MNH QAA "Ely"
    GRHRCH Kingseeds Little Miss Dangerous MNH QAA " Stella "
    HRCH Kingseeds Queen Of Grace MH " Hannah "
    Kingseeds She's A Classic " Layla "
    www.kingseedkennels.com

I bred my QAA Ranger bitch to Grady a little less than two years ago, had 13 puppies, and plan to repeat it (if Chad is willing). The most of the puppies have loads of horsepower, have lots of heart, are smart, biddable, and easy to train. Some have derby points, a couple of Jammed Q's, gotten senior titles, one has passed some Master HTs, and only three of them have had pro training. I have heard they have nice personalities. I know mine does. He really is my favorite dog.

Bought a pup in 1969 0r 1970 for $1,500. You could buy a new car back in those days for $1,500. http://www.huntinglabpedigree.com/pedigree.asp?id=450 He didn't have it at all. Went to a good Pro and washed out.

Money couldn't by my Grady female, her mom was No 4 qualifying dog in Canada 2009 out of Chopper, Lexi is a training machine went 5 for 5 this summer AKC SR. due to whelp this week, line breeding on Carbon. FC AFC Windy City's Mighty Mouse, who has rolled pretty well this past two weekends, first breeding for both, congrats Mickey and Charlie.
    Last edited by windwalkers swan song; 10-29-2013 at 11:40 AM.

Interesting. I was just going through the sample Stud report put out by Retriever Results

Looks like Grady had one litter that is about 6 and among the rest the oldest are about 5 now. Looks like the majority are 3 or younger though. Of 394 dogs, 100 are QAA. I count 1 NAFC, 7 FCs and 5 AFCs. Total points: 155.5 Open, 139 Amateur and 1439 Derby

The HT numbers don't seem to tie since they show for example in a column labeled "Master Passes" no more than one but many of those dogs have MH in their names, so Master Passes may mean MH title. However some don't but that could be failure to update the name on the entries. So either there are 82 MH dogs out of this or jsut a bunch.

It is a pretty cool report.

My Grady pup has 15 mh passes and the stud report says 1
    Tim Doane , Kingseed Kennels
    GRHRCH UH Hunters Marsh King Elijah MNH QAA "Ely"
    GRHRCH Kingseeds Little Miss Dangerous MNH QAA " Stella "
    HRCH Kingseeds Queen Of Grace MH " Hannah "
    Kingseeds She's A Classic " Layla "
    www.kingseedkennels.com

My Grady pup has 4 JH and 4 Sh and the report has one for each , so i am thinking it is titles not passes
    BB
    Sight To Sea Labradors
    Southern Cross at Sight to Sea SH "Crosby" (by NAFC FC AFC Cody Cut a Lean Grade)
    Tealwood's Willing at Sight to Sea JH ( by CH I am Able)
    Briarglen's Running on Faith JH (by FC Fish River's Out of the Park)
    Glendair's Come Home to the Sea ( By Ch Topform's Edward MH, QAA)
    Sight To Sea's Take Aim SH (by Sight to Sea's Southern Comfort SH )Aug 23 2003-Feb 2013 Go get em , Man!

Manager of www.DeCoverlykennels.com