Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Emmitt or Grady

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Where is the like button???
    It worked just the same for me.

Quote Originally Posted by coachmo View Post
    I agree with the LSU prediction and have my fingers crossed on the Saints! I'm gonna take a stab at it! I know Jacob and I agree with a bunch of his bold comments! I think he believes that regardless of the breeding or the training if you don't have a dog with that special something then the other stuff may not matter. During my many years involved in coaching it was easier to find underachievers than overachievers. I would think there are plenty of dogs out there that may be talented enough but don't get the opportunity to shine; however, there are plenty that just don't have it. In general you can't put in what isn't there.
    You got it. You can take the best breeding and have the best trainer, but it is no guarantee. You have to have THE dog to make it all work. Most successful breedings only have 1 or 2 dogs title.

John, You are spot on here, Grady was one of my favorites. Aunt Ester was a good one too. Especially her 3 shoes tirade!!! Do you remember that one?

Quote Originally Posted by roseberry View Post
    i always thought grady was very funny on 'sanford and son'. emmitt(clark) who ran the fix it shop in mayberry on the 'andy griffith show' was funny too. but emmitt's exposure was limited and he never became as popular as floyd the barber. between the two, i like grady!
    I hate rude behavior in a man, won't tolerate it. Captain Woodrow Call

Grady has has stood stud so many times, we should just cut to the chase and rename the breed "Grady Retriever." Honestly $1000.00 MORE for a Grady pup. Rediculous!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ohiodogman View Post
    Grady has has stood stud so many times, we should just cut to the chase and rename the breed "Grady Retriever." Honestly $1000.00 MORE for a Grady pup. Rediculous!!!
    Just a guess, but I am guessing it is due to the dam that Grady was bred to hence why the extra 1000 thrown in there. I may be totally wrong and haven't read the entire thread. But I see where the dam is Chacha and she has more than proven herself in competition. Just my opinion.

More likely it's because pup prices usually reflect the stud fee Grady's fee is pretty steep ~$1000 more than most other FC etc. but he's hot right now and has shown that he can produce, and people line up to pay the price for a pup.
    "They's Just DAWGS"
    "Hunting is a skill to be learned whether you do it early or late it still needs to be learned"
    "I train dogs, Not papers"

GMRH HRCH Quick MH (most importantly Duck/Upland Enthusiast)
    MHR HRCH Lakota MH (most importantly Upland/Duck Enthusiast)
    SHR Storm.. the Pup (Beginning Upland & Waterfowl Enthusiast)

I know , if I had the money , I would pay 2-3 x the amount I spent on MY Grady pup. He is almost 2 and you could not buy him from me , now
    BB
    Sight To Sea Labradors
    Southern Cross at Sight to Sea SH "Crosby" (by NAFC FC AFC Cody Cut a Lean Grade)
    Tealwood's Willing at Sight to Sea JH ( by CH I am Able)
    Briarglen's Running on Faith JH (by FC Fish River's Out of the Park)
    Glendair's Come Home to the Sea ( By Ch Topform's Edward MH, QAA)
    Sight To Sea's Take Aim SH (by Sight to Sea's Southern Comfort SH )Aug 23 2003-Feb 2013 Go get em , Man!

Manager of www.DeCoverlykennels.com

when all is said and done years from now, maybe even a decade from now, Grady may end up being the "Lean Mac" of this millenium
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

I bred my yellow firebreather to Grade and kept one of the pups for myself, (both are in my avatar). What I got was the drive and intelligence of both ma and pa but the control that everyone wants in their dog. The pups are just a year old now and two are running derbys and there could be a third by this spring. I am almost as excited to see how the other two do as I am my own. Both my dogs make me look good, I couldn't be happier with my Grady pup.
    Terry C.

You can't win if you don't play, every dog has his day

Sunny Dee Light MH QAA (Sunny)
    Sunny's Black Gold Texas Tea, Derby Dog (Crude)

Quote Originally Posted by Ohiodogman View Post
    Supply and demand. Nobody asked anyone to come put the money down. If you want one and can get on one of the breeders lists, good... Go get one. If you think it's too high for your taste, that's fine too. You can say the same about anything... Cars, guns, horses, clothing, etc... If you want what's in demand... The price is going to be higher than the ordinary. Take it or leave it.
    Bill Davis

I own an 11 month female out of Grady, and she is a ton of fun, dynamite on the line a sweetheart at home.

I had been around my pups mother and I had worked with my pups mothers father, both excellent dogs out of Rebel with cause. so when the decision was made to breed to Grady I had to have one of the pups. When I was researching the Grady line it was pretty standard to read "team player" , eager to please, good marker". I have found all of this to be true, ten fold.

Not taking anything away from from Emmet, I haven't been around an Emmet pup , yet. But in my opinion you cant go wrong with Grady.
    St. Thomas, the great doctor and theologian, warns about the proper use of animals, lest they appear at the final Judgment against us: and God himself will take vengeance on all who misuse his creatures.