The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Emmitt or Grady

Quote Originally Posted by TNDUCKHUNTER View Post
    Bought a pup in 1969 0r 1970 for $1,500. You could buy a new car back in those days for $1,500. http://www.huntinglabpedigree.com/pedigree.asp?id=450 He didn't have it at all. Went to a good Pro and washed out.
    I could read the sarcasm before I saw the dog.! Mi Cris Sailor- wow- I'd love to learn about him. When I was a kid, our female was bred to a MiCris Sailor son ( Sailors Dark Secret). The produce was my childhood friend, Nitro.
    If you would email me, Id love to hear more about him.
    watrspk@clearwire.net
    HOME OF:
    Waterspook Sables Dark Secret, MH (Sable)
    Trumarcs Bankshot Bandit, MH ( Fats)
    Waterspook Tomfoolery, SH ( Tommie)
    IN MEMORY OF::
    Waterspook Bankshot Whiz Bang,JH (Jesse)
    Waterspooks Girl Named Bill, SH ( Billie- my princess.....)
    Waterspook Kickin' Gunshot, SH ( Boom)
    Waterspook Kickin' Good Time MH(Kick)
    Waterspooks Partner In Crime, SH ( Bouncer)
    Brush Creek Waterspook, JH, WC- my first girl.(Spooky)

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleHaul View Post
    Interesting. I was just going through the sample Stud report put out by Retriever Results

Looks like Grady had one litter that is about 6 and among the rest the oldest are about 5 now. Looks like the majority are 3 or younger though. Of 394 dogs, 100 are QAA. I count 1 NAFC, 7 FCs and 5 AFCs. Total points: 155.5 Open, 139 Amateur and 1439 Derby

The HT numbers don't seem to tie since they show for example in a column labeled "Master Passes" no more than one but many of those dogs have MH in their names, so Master Passes may mean MH title. However some don't but that could be failure to update the name on the entries. So either there are 82 MH dogs out of this or jsut a bunch.

It is a pretty cool report.
    We're making some updates to the report which you'll see in a couple of days. we're going to include the number of passes for each HT stake and let the titles show up in the dog's name (where they belong).

Comments on the report are more than welcome. Based on the number of orders we've received from stud dog owners, I suspect you'll be seeing quite a few of them!
    Josie Ottman

"Life is always a rich and steady time when you are waiting for something to happen or to hatch," E.B. White, Charlotte's Web

www.RetrieverResults.com -- points, profiles and perspective.
    New reports on Qualifiers and Entrants for National Open, National Amateur, Master National and Canadian National and Canadian National Amateur.

First of all you can polish a Turd but in the end you just have a polished Turd.

Second there are lots more unpolished turds than polished turds

Third you could could spend 3000 $ and have no more talent than a $275 back yard breeding

Forth I have one of those $275 back yard dogs that hasn't failed a HT since she turned 2. She is QAIA and had AA points as a 3 yr old.

Fifth that $275 dog was much like winning the powerball after buying my first lottery ticket.

6th if I wouldn't have asked for help training her when I knew I needed it I wouldn't have the same dog that I have today.

BTW all my dogs since have cost a lot more because i believe any one man can only have so much luck in one lifetime. Now I know how to stack the deck.
    Dog, Training, luck. IMO
    Jason Brion
    www.jlbretrievers.com

HRCH Brion's Zoey MH QAA
    HR Ruff River's Black Magic Marker MH QAA
    HRCH JLB Rough's Roman Goddess MH QAA
    HR JLB Steady As A Rock JH

Quote Originally Posted by Billie View Post
    I could read the sarcasm before I saw the dog.! Mi Cris Sailor- wow- I'd love to learn about him. When I was a kid, our female was bred to a MiCris Sailor son ( Sailors Dark Secret). The produce was my childhood friend, Nitro.
    If you would email me, Id love to hear more about him.
    watrspk@clearwire.net
    Nice looking dog; who looked to throw talent to his offspring; however I do hope he had more offspring than those listed on Huntinglabped. I could only follow him for a couple generations and then he seems to disappear...It'd be pretty tragic if such a dog was lost to time, however I bet this happens to many talented studs who are not the current Wow.
    "They's Just DAWGS"
    "Hunting is a skill to be learned whether you do it early or late it still needs to be learned"
    "I train dogs, Not papers"

GMRH HRCH Quick MH (most importantly Duck/Upland Enthusiast)
    MHR HRCH Lakota MH (most importantly Upland/Duck Enthusiast)
    SHR Storm.. the Pup (Beginning Upland & Waterfowl Enthusiast)

is qaa a title now?

Quote Originally Posted by kip View Post
    is qaa a title now?
    only for golden retrievers and chesapeakes..lol

look out now, I am the proud owner of a golden! well I think I am, so far.

I know that I sure like my Grady sired pup and would take 10 more just like him if I could. I do not know much about Emmitt but I have heard great things about his offspring as well but then again it depends on the female both are being bred to, like has been stated already.

Gonzo, Have you gotten this pup? If yes just wondering what you think. I have a Grady Cha pup that is about 9 months now. BTW Cha is QAA.
    Last edited by Philip Roseberry; 12-19-2013 at 06:54 AM.

Resurrecting this thread to see if any more feedback available now that Emmitt pups are a bit older (knowing of course the role of the bitch). Thanks.