The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 14 month old has not come into heat!

My BLF still has not come in to heat. She is 29 months and running in the Q

I had a female recently that came into season at 38 months. She has been on a truck a working most of her life.

Most of our girls don't go in first time until 14 month old range. Just had one go out that was 15 months old. Another was 22 months old her first cycle, bred on her second cycle 8 months later. Another that was 3 1/2 (she's only had ~5 her whole life of 10 years so far, 2 of those had litters, very athletic). Have one we bred beginning of the month that her last cycle was pretty close to a year ago, she's been on the truck, pulled her off to make room for client dogs, she was crated in the house and gained weight, a month later in heat, the 10 year old was pretty much the same way with the two litters, pull off truck, crate to reduce activity, increase boy fat. Talked to a couple of FT guys that their bitches generally go in in January, while they're home and gain a little weight, had not been using Cheque drops. Human females will do the same with low body weight.
    High Tess JH
    Cedar Swamp's Cuttin a Rug "Josie"
    Cedar Swamp's Holy Terror JH "Terra"
    Blackfoot's Mr Independence at Cedar Swamp JH "Pow"
    Cedar Swamp's Angel in Disguise "Sky"
    Cedar Swamp's Test Pilot "Crash"
    Cedar Swamp's Bonanza "Ben"
    Cedar Swamp's Twisted Sister "Sissy"

Others have also graced our hearts...gone not forgotten.
    RC Buckshot of Seven Hickories MH
    Ceader Swamp's Deuces Wild SH
    Fallen Timber's Second Chance MH
    Ceader Swamp's Mac Millett SH
    and several others...

This, I had three entered a couple yrs ago and a week and a half before the test all three came in. To the OP, be patient as you can see they are all over the place. I've had them come in at 8 months and 2 yrs and anywhere in between.
    Quote Originally Posted by fishduck View Post
    To successfully initiate a heat cycle I suggest the following. Enter a trial or hunt test under judges you like on grounds you love. Make sure the canine sees you typing in the entry & entering your credit card information. Abracadabra a full blown heat cycle!!!