The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Brinksmanship

Default Brinksmanship

The last time congress got into a game of brinksmanship it cost us our triple A credit rating. The credit agency that lowered it cited as the cause the stated intent to not pay the bills. The stock market has been down for the last four days on the news out of Washington. Is anyone else concerned about the consequences of politics on the economy?
    During break time at obedience school, two dogs were talking.
    One said to the other..."The thing I hate about obedience school is you learn ALL this stuff you will never use in the real world."

If our "government" (I use this word loosely) would not spend money so irresponsibly, we would not need to borrow money. Frankly, I'm tired of mortgaging my children's future. If we would live within our means, we wouldn't have to worry about our credit rating.
    Mioaks Southbound Sammy JH
    Leatherwood's Here's Your One Chance Fancy

"Luck is the residue of design"- Branch Rickey

No the government has enough toys it could sell off, and more than enough non essential people to let go!

until the American voter gets their "rear ends" handed to them and really feels the consequences of elections, they wont change their ways...Do I want to see the country fail ? Of course not, but the country refuses to learn from its mistakes and keeps making the same bonehead moves and keeps electing the same type of slick talking snake oil salesman..

I see it now at work,the largely Hispanic group of employees is now seeing how we may lose or at least have our healthcare impacted, but the union glosses over the fact that its because of the new restrictions of the ACA, we will go to 30 hr work weeks, which is fine by many of us because we dont live by our paychecks, but for those who do, they are seeing what a 25% cut of an hourly wage is going to look like...These are the same folks that wore BHO campaign buttons and now curse the word Obamacare
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Big deal, shut it down. They shut down every weekend and we don't miss them. They don't do a damn thing during the week except make things worse and spend more money.
    Bill Davis

So you all approve of the tactics being used and will be ok having them used against you in the future?
    One said to the other..."The thing I hate about obedience school is you learn ALL this stuff you will never use in the real world."

Quote Originally Posted by Henlee View Post
    So you all approve of the tactics being used and will be ok having them used against you in the future?
    you statement is like those used by people when they argue about the tactics used by the military during any conflict...The American public as a whole has no real idea what has been done all in the name of maintaining freedom,defeating Communism or now terrorism, all under the banner of the Flag...

I am not naive to think that whatever "tactics" you are referring to have not been going on for decades, its just brought out more in the forefront with this 24/7 news cycle,and just because they do go on , dont mistake that as an approval by anyone as to their continued use
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

The dems work against the hard working FEDERAL INCOME TAX PAYER every day. All they do is steal from federal income taxpayers and give that hard earned money to their leeching base.
    I would be fine with anything that cuts off the leeches!
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

I personally don't like when congress holds the economy hostage. I wouldn't like it if Dems were in charge and I don't like if Republicans are in charge. I disapprove of how they are doing things. It is not supposed to be how they are supposed to be acting, it is embarrassing to me. If you are cool with it whatever.

I personally don't like when congress holds the economy hostage. I wouldn't like it if Dems were in charge and I don't like if Republicans are in charge. I disapprove of how they are doing things. It is not supposed to be how they are supposed to be acting, it is embarrassing to me. If you are cool with it whatever.
    I hate that as a federal income taxpayer I'm screwed at every turn by the non taxpayer legally stealing what I worked for! The fact that any lawmaker refuses to defend the taxpayer against the leech makes me vomit,
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI