The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Make him work with out a gun for a year?

Default Make him work with out a gun for a year?

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/09/25...mendment-sign/

If he feels this way about our guns shouldn't we have a problem with his?

The sign was illegally placed in the right of way, a letter was sent from the building department, complaints had been called in, the officer removed the illegally placed sign and brought it to the police department where the owner is free to pick it up. The only crime committed here is the lawyer robbing the man of his money, seriously he's going to pay to have the property surveyed when it takes two seconds and a 25' taped measure to tell him the sign is illegally placed. Wouldn't a good reporter simply take a few minutes to fact check the situation? Its a much better story that the police officer stole the sign, thus you have another sham piece of reporting from Fauxnews.

Had it been a BHO sign then you might see the problem!

Quote Originally Posted by sick lids View Post
    Had it been a BHO sign then you might see the problem!
    Had it been a BHO Obama sign the man would be celebrated. I have no issue with a police officer doing his job, the content of the sign is a non-issue for me. No was on here is more pro-gun than me. If after further investigation the officer has been found to be a gun activist and removed the sign because of his beliefs, I would change my stance, however nothing in the article leads to to that conclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    The sign was illegally placed in the right of way, a letter was sent from the building department, complaints had been called in, the officer removed the illegally placed sign and brought it to the police department where the owner is free to pick it up. The only crime committed here is the lawyer robbing the man of his money, seriously he's going to pay to have the property surveyed when it takes two seconds and a 25' taped measure to tell him the sign is illegally placed. Wouldn't a good reporter simply take a few minutes to fact check the situation? Its a much better story that the police officer stole the sign, thus you have another sham piece of reporting from Fauxnews.
    Knowing a few things about small town politics & knowing that NO one knows whether the sign is on the right of way until a survey has been completed, you might be the one to fact check prior to pressing submit.

In general there are easements to cover the public right of way - if they extend beyond the road the property owner normally takes care of the vegetation in question, but not always . There are state laws, in most states, that do not allow the abutting property owner to claim adverse possession though it may be neglected by the jurisdiction in question. The road could be anywhere within the easement so a measurement from the road center line is not always a good indicator of where the property line of the abutting owner lies . I do not know NY law pertaining to ROW's.

Having had the discussion about natural waterways & constructed ditches with one of our city's finest recently, I can tell you that they need to stay within their cocoon of knowledge. Handling bad guys & giving traffic tickets are a whole lot different (& BTW not something I would care to be involved in) than dealing with property law, though the regulators would like you to believe they are qualified to deal with the latter.

Folks have histories in small towns. Those small towns that treat everyone with equal respect, regardless of history, are the ones that get it right .

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Like Marvin, I am not familiar with NY law. I do have some experience here in Tn. If you read the article CAREFULLY, you wil realize that the man may very well OWN the property to the center of the road. He also probably pays taxes on the road. In Tn it is actually an easment. Here you can't even GIVE the land to the county because they want the tax dollars. You can't even sell or will the land less the road.

Looking at the picture, it surprises me that it has grown up so close to the road. I am certain that neither I nor the county would let it get in such a condition. I just had a track hoe clean up along the road frontage of a farm that I bought about 5 years ago. Never thought about asking the county before doing it since I own the land and what I did only made it easier for the county to maintain.

Easements can be quite vague. Here I suspect since the easement was given for free, I doubt there is really any right of way as they say. I would not doubt that the 15 ft. restriction is really the result of an ordinance that may very well violate the property owner's rights. THAT is why a lawyer for the owner may be needed. I have always felt it best to get along with the county but I would ASK how they came up with the 15 ft. restriction on my own property.

It was proven to be in a legal area. And to bad we can't strip those cops of their 2nd amendment. They probably fit into the category of the law enforcement and national guard during Katrina. I still can't get this out of my head. I think someones sig line says,,,"we are living in cuba now" It appears so from the scenes on this video clip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Q2BXH0JfOc
    Last edited by Pete; 09-26-2013 at 09:32 AM.
    John 5 :30
    I can of my own self do nothing ,as I hear , I judge,,and my judgement is just, because I seek not my own will,,but the will of the father which hath sent me
    John 7:16 -- Jesus answered them and said my doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.
    mark 16:9 -- So then after the lord had spoken unto them,he was received up in heaven, and sat on the right hand of God
    I Tim. 2:5 --For there is one God and one mediator between God and man ,, the man Christ Jesus

This is the quote from the person who had the sign removed.
    I am definitely waiting to hear from shooter. Technically its a biolation of town code to post signs within 15' of the road...... but, as shooter advised; the town code violates my first amendment rights. In the original thread the town actually sent me a letter to remove it but when I called the town building indpector he told me it was ok "for now".
    Looking at other photo he posted (a different photo I couldn't up here), the sign is maybe three feet from the road. The police office removed the sign that was in violation of the city ordinance. The hatred should be aimed at the people that made the ordinance and/or the city attorney who reviews the ordinances, not the officer who is enforcing them. The real problem with small town politics is any nit-wit can get elected to city counsel, school board, township board etc., and then they feel entitled to do anything they see fit.

Looking at other photo he posted (a different photo I couldn't up here), the sign is maybe three feet from the road. The police office removed the sign that was in violation of the city ordinance. The hatred should be aimed at the people that made the ordinance and/or the city attorney who reviews the ordinances, not the officer who is enforcing them. The real problem with small town politics is any nit-wit can get elected to city counsel, school board,I township board etc., and then they feel entitled to do anything they see fit.
    Sort of like the current situation the country is in with our POTUS ...
    Bill Davis

Looking at other photo he posted (a different photo I couldn't up here), the sign is maybe three feet from the road. The police office removed the sign that was in violation of the city ordinance. The hatred should be aimed at the people that made the ordinance and/or the city attorney who reviews the ordinances, not the officer who is enforcing them. The real problem with small town politics is any nit-wit can get elected to city counsel, school board, township board etc., and then they feel entitled to do anything they see fit.
    Reading your many postings on this forum tells me that you could join the pool you describe without creating an upward blip on the chart .

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!