RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

tick concern

2K views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  yellow machine 
#1 ·
Had the dog up north last weekend and ended up finding a few ticks - got them all off . . . except one, the one I missed (only got the body) still seems to be under the skin, and is now a small lump - any suggestions from those of you who have had a similar issue . . . will it work itself out?

#2 ·
Take the dog to the vet and let them deal with it, I had one a while back on one of my dogs and it caused weakness in his hind quarters, really freaked me out during training when it looks like your dogs hind quarters are giving out. I was able to remove it but my vet put him on antibotics, he was fine in a day of removing it. But paralysis in the hind quarters is a effect from not removing the tick.

#8 ·
Chris, when are you going to get us a "like" button already!???? If facebook can do it, you should be able to lol:rolleyes:

#6 ·
Since you know it is a tick bite, just watch it and the dog. Had a couple of very small lumps under the arm pit on my female Chessie about three years ago. I thought they were tick bites, but when they did not go away within 6 weeks, I had the vet check. They were mast cell tumors and cancerous. Vet removed them and she is fine, but you never know.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.