The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Long night with a vet visit

This sounds like it could be either a partial seizure or a movement disorder (paroxysmal dyskinesia). Unfortunately at this time there is not a specific diagnostic test for either of these conditions - it is a matter of excluding other possible causes.
    If I were you I would keep a diary of everything connected to Sable so that if she has a further episode (and fingers tightly crossed she doesn't!) you may be able to identify any possible trigger. Also, if it happens again try to video the episode so that the vet can see exactly what is happening - although I know that making a video is not the first thing in your mind at such a distressing time.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzypad1 View Post
    This sounds like it could be either a partial seizure or a movement disorder (paroxysmal dyskinesia). Unfortunately at this time there is not a specific diagnostic test for either of these conditions - it is a matter of excluding other possible causes.
    If I were you I would keep a diary of everything connected to Sable so that if she has a further episode (and fingers tightly crossed she doesn't!) you may be able to identify any possible trigger. Also, if it happens again try to video the episode so that the vet can see exactly what is happening - although I know that making a video is not the first thing in your mind at such a distressing time.
    Getting a video is a GREAT idea, and you're right it's not the first thing on your mind but instead of spending 20 minutes trying to explain the situation to the vet I could show 2 minutes of video.
    How The West was Won ( Colt)
    Delilahs Addicted to Mischief ( Delilah) My Jammin little girl
    Extreme Dixies Rebel Yell ( Dixie ) JH
    Dawsons Little Sable (Sable) 12 /08 - 5/14 , We'll hunt again someday girl.

St. Thomas, the great doctor and theologian, warns about the proper use of animals, lest they appear at the final Judgment against us: and God himself will take vengeance on all who misuse his creatures.

Did the vet check your girls blood pressure. Never would have thought to have this done until recently. Have seen some dogs with very high BP and some strange health issues.