The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The CR battleground

Quote Originally Posted by swampcollielover View Post
    really a good source!!!! Not!
    Easy there guys. When Obama and Democrats get lampooned by Limbaugh and others it is humorous entertainment. When a Republican pol gets lampooned then suddenly GOPpers lose their famous sense of humor. After all isn't that what MAD magazine is --entertainment? Come on, guys! Are your rectums so tight they can choke off a smile? Lighten up!
    Last edited by zeus3925; 09-28-2013 at 11:57 PM.
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

An interesting discussion of the Constitutional aspect of the funding of govt.
    http://nationalreview.com/article/35...rew-c-mccarthy

And spending is the prerogative of the House. Not the Congress, the House.

The Constitution expressly provides (in Article I, Section 7): “All bills for raising Revenue shall originate in the House of Representatives.” This Origination Clause applies to all spending legislation. As the clause elaborates, when the subject at issue involves spending public money, the Senate “may propose or concur with Amendments as on other Bills”; but it may not instigate spending. The Senate can tinker within the spending limits set by the House, but it must live within those limits. The continuing resolution to fund the government, which is the legislation at issue in the current controversy, is no exception. The Senate is not permitted to originate spending, as Majority Leader Harry Reid did on Friday, with the indulgence of Senate Republicans — who voted against his appropriation of Obamacare funds but did not challenge the validity of it.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    Easy there guys. When Obama and Democrats get lampooned by Limbaugh and others it is humorous entertainment. When a Republican pol gets lampooned then suddenly GOPpers lose their famous sense of humor. After all isn't that what MAD magazine is --entertainment? Come on guys are your rectums so tight they can choke off a smile? Lighten up!
    Huge difference... Obama is destroying the economy, our health care system, and our image around the world. Cruz would like to help save the country from Obama's reign of destruction.
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Huge difference... Obama is destroying the economy, our health care system, and our image around the world. Cruz would like to help save the country from Obama's reign of destruction.
    It all depends on your point of view, Huntinman. Others see Cruz as reckless, a prima donna, a buffoon, and just another Texas loud mouth.
    Zeus

Reported on Breitbart:
    "You and all the voices of Washington keep saying we need compromise," Cruz said. "Twice now, the Republicans have compromised. And twice, Harry Reid says we won't even have a compromise."

Cruz said Reid has essentially said he wants to "fund it all," "stick it on the American people," and ensure "American families don't get treated as well as giant corporations."

Cruz emphasized that his position was defunding Obmacare and not repealing it and mentioned that the vote to delay Obamacare for a year is a "step removed from defunding."

"On the other side, what have the Democrats compromised on?" Cruz asked. "Zero. Their position is no.”

He said Reid and Obama are also "essentially holding the military hostage" by "threatening" their paychecks by not compromising on Obamacare and emphasized Reid has to "move off of his absolutist positions" to prevent the government from shutting down.
    Cruz is taking a page out of the Ds' book by reversing the tables about who is the "party of no".

Zeus, I'm sure Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi, Chuch Schumer, John McCain see Cruz as you mention above. McConnell might also be added to that list. Then Cruz must be doing something right. I'd be very worried if those people were praising Cruz
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    It all depends on your point of view, Huntinman. Others see Cruz as reckless, a prima donna, a buffoon, and just another Texas loud mouth.
    Yep, the ones who are either threatened by his success, or jealous of it.
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Yep, the ones who are either threatened by his success, or jealous of it.
    I dunno, Huntingman. But just repeating what people are saying.
    I think they just don't want a shutdown.
    Zeus

About this govt shut-down thing ... the media are saying that the non-essential govt employees will be sent home on Monday, if there is no CR.

So, they won't get paid until any shutdown is over. EXCEPT, when the shutdown is over, they will be paid for those days they sat at home ... not working. So, obviously Fed workers could give a hoot if there is a shut-down or not. They'll just get some extra paid vacation time. (Sort of like Lois Lerner)

Will Congress receive paychecks during a shut-down? Congressional staffers? You know ... all the fellas who cannot afford to pay Obamacare premiums, but want everybody else to have the law, and are willing to inflict even more pain by refusing to negotiate ANYthing.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com

6 inches of snow in DC and they shut down for several days. What's the big deal?
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

[QUOTE=zeus3925;1149785]It all depends on your point of view, Huntinman. Others see Cruz as reckless, a prima donna, a buffoon, and just another Texas loud mouth.[/QUOTE]

Other than you, who? Lets see a show of hands.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth