The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: The CR battleground

Caught a snip of Barbara Boxer on C-span this AM. She was asking how the R Congressman could face their staff when decreasing their wages by removing their subsidy for health insurance. Yes, it is probably harder to face someone directly in doing so ... yet, it is easy to do the same thing to millions of Americans whom you do not have to face.

It is very likely that if those staffers were earning the same wage in the private sector, most would not qualify for subsidies. If they worked for a small company, they might even lose their jobs entirely, or become part-time workers.

I see a lot of "disconnect" if she can see the harm done to these staffers ... and NOT see the same harm being done to millions of others. She has just admitted that the law does real harm to those in the middle class ... but only the ones she has to face count for her.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

I still find it amusing that people can find a way to defend this prez. These same people claim to be hunters, gun owners, etc, etc, but yet still vote for and take up for the most anti gun prez in history?? Some of you really need to wake the heck up and get your heads out of the sand...
    Brandon Edmondson

Quote Originally Posted by Brandoned View Post
    I still find it amusing that people can find a way to defend this prez. These same people claim to be hunters, gun owners, etc, etc, but yet still vote for and take up for the most anti gun prez in history?? Some of you really need to wake the heck up and get your heads out of the sand...
    And the other choose for hunters and gun owners would've been this guy.

"These guns are not made for recreation or self-defense," "They are instruments of destruction with the sole purpose of hunting down and killing people."
    -Mitt Romney

Devil and the Deep Blue Sea

The shutdown didn't stop WW II vets from gathering at the WW II memorial. The Natl Park security guards stepped aside and let them through.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Saw a suggestion in an article in American Spectator titled, "Win or Go Home." An appropriate title, I thought.

It suggests that each morning R leadership hold a press conference demanding that Obama negotiate. Reid and Pelosi are merely following orders, so they should be making their demands on the POTUS directly. Then, these same leaders, in the afternoon should go to the WH requesting a meeting with Obama directly. Another press conference.

While MSM will scream and holler, they may have no choice but to cover the activity ... they won't be able to ignore it. Who is pressing for negotiation, and who is not? The Rs have to bring that narrative to even the low-info voter ... and that takes multiple repetition.

Could be an interesting application of some Alinsky tactics. However, the author indicates he doubts that Boehner, McConnell, et al, have the guts to lead such a movement.

Also part of the article is the implication that the "old horses" have had the "fight" go out of them. The younger fellas have the energy needed to face this kind of adversity.

Another commentator puts it succinctly:
    Republicans will get nothing from this shutdown unless they stand their ground and fight.
    Last edited by Gerry Clinchy; 10-01-2013 at 01:28 PM.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    And the other choose for hunters and gun owners would've been this guy.

"These guns are not made for recreation or self-defense," "They are instruments of destruction with the sole purpose of hunting down and killing people."
    -Mitt Romney

Devil and the Deep Blue Sea
    Just a quick heads up.....Romney is NOT President!!!

Just sayin'.............

RK, you beat me to it!

Quote Originally Posted by coachmo View Post
    RK, you beat me to it!
    You were probably to busy laughing and rolling your eyes!!??!!??

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post

Just sayin'.............
    No... But he has slept at a Holiday Inn Express
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post

Just sayin'.............
    Stan, I believe your heads up should go to Brandon, who forgot the Republicans didn't leave the voters a choice when it comes to the gun control issue.