The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: The CR battleground

Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    Stan, I believe your heads up should go to Brandon, who forgot the Republicans didn't leave the voters a choice when it comes to the gun control issue.
    Right, those in the middle can attack both sides and say it wasn't me. I would much rather have Mitt then the current president but you go ahead and sit on that fence! I'm sure you justify it in your own mind but the rest of us know that by not voting for Mitt you did help get the current president get elected. That my friend is the bottom line!!!!!
    CPR HRCH Scott's Sweet Brandy
    Kankakee River HRC
    NRA Life Member
    Pheasants Forever
    Delta Waterfowl

Quote Originally Posted by duckheads View Post
    Right, those in the middle can attack both sides and say it wasn't me. I would much rather have Mitt then the current president but you go ahead and sit on that fence! I'm sure you justify it in your own mind but the rest of us know that by not voting for Mitt you did help get the current president get elected. That my friend is the bottom line!!!!!
    That is one crazy post! It is unAmerican not to vote one's conscience. Many are sick and tired of having to vote for the lesser of two evils. That is exactly what we had in the last election. The Republicans ran such a sorry-ass political platform that they couldn't beat a sitting President crippled by scandal and incompetence.
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

Quote Originally Posted by duckheads View Post
    I did vote vote for Mitt, there was no other viable alternative, but I don't have to pretend that that the Republicans put up a person strong on the Second Amendment.

Senate Democrats on Tuesday voted to refuse to enter into official negotiations with the House on a spending bill, saying there can be no talks until the GOP agrees to end the shutdown that began Tuesday morning.

The 54-46 vote showed Senate Democrats remain united, and the vote shoves the issue back over to House Republicans, who have now seen the senior chamber kill four different proposals to end the shutdown.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journal...gory-5-Lessons
    Many of you may wish to skip this as it is the Gregory interview of Cruz on Meet the Press.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journal...gory-5-Lessons
    Many of you may wish to skip this as it is the Gregory interview of Cruz on Meet the Press.
    Why, if it is indeed the Cruz coup described in Brietbart's blog, would we we want to skip it? I watched it again since I only caught bits and pieces on Sunday morning.

I sometimes suspect that Cruz is actually a Democrat mole, bent on the splintering of the R's to the point they may never recover.

I once posted on the long con vs. the short con. (I'll not look for it.)

Henry Gondorf regards, JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Could Wayne Root be right? The Rs should fund everything & have only one condition: All exemptions and waivers are removed from Obamacare. Everyone is part of O-care, period. Subsidies would still be there (but they have income limits that would rule them out for a lot of the people who have or want to be exempted).

How can the Ds vote that down, and not look bad? If it's the law of the land, why isn't it the same for everyone? If it's so wonderful, why isn't it wonderful for Congress, too? and their staffs? Isn't the POTUS all about "fairness" ... isn't it fair for everyone to be treated the same by our laws?
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    Could Wayne Root be right? The Rs should fund everything & have only one condition: All exemptions and waivers are removed from Obamacare. Everyone is part of O-care, period. Subsidies would still be there (but they have income limits that would rule them out for a lot of the people who have or want to be exempted).

How can the Ds vote that down, and not look bad? If it's the law of the land, why isn't it the same for everyone? If it's so wonderful, why isn't it wonderful for Congress, too? and their staffs? Isn't the POTUS all about "fairness" ... isn't it fair for everyone to be treated the same by our laws?
    What do you think, Gerry? Is Root right? The D's already look bad. Almost as much As the R's. Ready for a third party?
    Last edited by JDogger; 10-01-2013 at 10:53 PM.
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post

I sometimes suspect that Cruz is actually a Democrat mole, bent on the splintering of the R's to the point they may never recover.
    Ding, ding, ding.... I hope he continues to keep himself in the spotlight. He certainly loves it there. Best thing that could happen for 2014. He seems to have more influence on the house than the tan man.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry V View Post
    He seems to have more influence on the house than the tan man.
    Only on a small and hopefully shrinking minority. Time will tell.