The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 100

Thread: The CR battleground

  1. #61
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Detroit Lakes, MN
    Posts
    1,433

    Default

    A great set of video clips documenting Republicans desire for a government shutdown. Mission accomplished. Hmmm... today they are blaming others, when just Saturday and during campaigns just a while ago many were boasting about a forcing a shutdown.
    http://www.nbcnews.com/id/26315908/#53151808

  2. #62
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Carrollton GA
    Posts
    427

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    And the other choose for hunters and gun owners would've been this guy.


    "These guns are not made for recreation or self-defense," "They are instruments of destruction with the sole purpose of hunting down and killing people."
    -Mitt Romney

    Devil and the Deep Blue Sea
    Really, is that all you can come up with, something that was supposedly written over 20 years ago????

    As it has been pointed out, Romney did not win! However had Romney won, I can assure you the Republican Party would not have stood behind him when he talked about gun registration and confiscation like your prez and party have. He would also not have danced on the graves of poor dead innocent children’s graves like your party has, all to push his/their agenda.

    But you did answer the question like a typical Dem, try and bring up something else instead of facing the facts! I guess if you are happy with the way things are going in this country that is great, but I am not! I honestly hope I never see things worse than the way they are now, but your party seems to be happy with the way things are...

    BTW MNGundog, what is your name?
    Brandon Edmondson

  3. #63
    Senior Member swampcollielover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    MO
    Posts
    1,570

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry V View Post
    A great set of video clips documenting Republicans desire for a government shutdown. Mission accomplished. Hmmm... today they are blaming others, when just Saturday and during campaigns just a while ago many were boasting about a forcing a shutdown.
    http://www.nbcnews.com/id/26315908/#53151808
    Hey Henry....you keep using Democratically owned sources......like NBC news...can't trust that SPIN!

  4. #64
    Senior Member swampcollielover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    MO
    Posts
    1,570

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    That is one crazy post! It is unAmerican not to vote one's conscience. Many are sick and tired of having to vote for the lesser of two evils. That is exactly what we had in the last election. The Republicans ran such a sorry-ass political platform that they couldn't beat a sitting President crippled by scandal and incompetence.
    Hey Franco, talking about "sorry assed" political platforms....what did the Libertarians do in the last Presidential election or for that matter in ANY Presidential election? The answer, of course, is absolutely nothing! But as you say it is you right to do nothing!

  5. #65
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    10,542

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by swampcollielover View Post
    Hey Franco, talking about "sorry assed" political platforms....what did the Libertarians do in the last Presidential election or for that matter in ANY Presidential election? The answer, of course, is absolutely nothing! But as you say it is you right to do nothing!
    Hard to get the Libertarian message across to voters when we are boycotted by the media! You know, that media owned by the Dems and Repubs because the two parties do NOT want other voices heard and are scared stiff of new ideas!
    Changing the Presidential Debates to allow Liberty on the stage will change America. You can help. Go to Our America's Debate Challenge to learn how you can help.

  6. #66
    Senior Member Gerry Clinchy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    6,734

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    Why, if it is indeed the Cruz coup described in Brietbart's blog, would we we want to skip it? I watched it again since I only caught bits and pieces on Sunday morning.
    I think Cruz's impact is that he is standing for some principles. The ACA was passed with Harry Reid's sleight of hand ... legal, but certainly not admirable use of the mechanism of Congress to brutally shut down opposition.

    Cruz is the first guy to stand up to Harry Reid. When we read the polls of voter dissatisfaction with Congress, I don't think those people are thinking of only one party.

    Some obviously feel that it's all about putting the spotlight on himself. That's always a possibility in politics. However, he is also putting his a$$ on the line. If this is causing some uproar among the Rs, is it because the faint of heart wished they had taken a leadership position? At this point, I am at least willing to listen to someone who is not the go-along, get-along type. Back to the theory that the old guys are too entrenched in defeatism.

    Personally, I think Cruz took good care of Gregory. Gregory was reduced to simply repeating, "But you haven't moved anyone." Is that the fault of Cruz, or is it the fault of the people who refuse to move?

    Some compare Cruz to Obama regarding the sudden rise of his star. However, Cruz has much more substantial credentials than Obama ever had.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

    ​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

  7. #67
    Senior Member DSemple's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    556

    Default

    I sure like having the government shut down, rush hour traffic has been a breeze.
    Just for the record I have very fine dogs. Some of the best in the whole country....or at least on my own block anyhow.

  8. #68
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    SW Minnesota
    Posts
    2,006

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brandoned View Post
    Really, is that all you can come up with, something that was supposedly written over 20 years ago????

    As it has been pointed out, Romney did not win! However had Romney won, I can assure you the Republican Party would not have stood behind him when he talked about gun registration and confiscation like your prez and party have. He would also not have danced on the graves of poor dead innocent children’s graves like your party has, all to push his/their agenda.

    But you did answer the question like a typical Dem, try and bring up something else instead of facing the facts! I guess if you are happy with the way things are going in this country that is great, but I am not! I honestly hope I never see things worse than the way they are now, but your party seems to be happy with the way things are...

    BTW MNGundog, what is your name?
    No not over 20 years ago, it was 2004 when Romney banned "assault rifles" then bragged about it, no need to lie about these things.

  9. #69
    Senior Member Gerry Clinchy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    6,734

    Default

    The bill concerning military pay was the only piece of legislation that Congress passed -- and Obama signed -- in the run-up to the midnight deadline on Monday. According to the text, it would pay the Armed Forces, as well as civilian and contractor personnel deemed to be "providing support" to the Armed Forces.


    Nevertheless, the Pentagon determined that 400,000 were "not necessary" to that mission and sent them home on Monday. According to a document circulated in the Pentagon, they will be considered "non-pay, non-duty" until the budget standoff is over.


    Asked about McKeon's letter, a senior Defense official indicated there was no way to respond. "Unfortunately, most of the staff who draft congressional correspondence are furloughed," the official told Fox News.


    Pentagon officials have indicated a willingness to examine the law to see if there's any wiggle room to bring more civilians back to work.


    Republicans argue that the intent of the law was to keep them on the job, and that the Obama administration "narrowly interpreted" it against congressional intent in order to furlough more employees.


    It's one example of how, Republicans say, the administration is making the partial shutdown of government services worse than it needs to be. Many have complained about the National Park Service cordoning off even open-air monuments in Washington, D.C., such as the World War II Memorial.
    It is unclear to me how come the Pentagon furloughed 400,000 when the military was funded. Maybe the Pentagon is interpreting that civilian personnel in the military are not part of the military budget? That seems bizarre if the entire military budget was funded ... which would have included their civilian personnel if those civilians are part of the military budget.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

    ​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

  10. #70
    Senior Member Gerry Clinchy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    6,734

    Default

    Are fewer than one of every 10 Environmental Protection Agency employees essential to its work?

    Only federal employees classified as “essential” can work during a government shutdown. At EPA, that means just 6.6 percent of its workforce, according to Reuters.


    Of the agency’s 16,205 employees, a mere 1,069 will work through the shutdown. That means that taxpayers employ 15,181 people at the EPA who are “non-essential.”


    Because of the shutdown, the EPA will not be able to work on the rules requested by President Obama in his climate plan, but Dina Kruger, a consultant and former climate change director at the EPA, said the agency would be able to complete the rules on time. It might just have to “work a little harder” once the shutdown ends.
    I guess this is why that fella who took 4-day weeks and 6 mos off entirely wasn't missed?
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

    ​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •