The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: The CR battleground

The National Park Service has ordered the closure of a Virginia park that sits on federal land, even though the government provides no resources for its maintenance or operation.

The Claude Moore Colonial Farm announced on Wednesday that NPS has ordered it to suspend operations until Congress agrees to a deal to fund the federal government.

According to Anna Eberly, managing director of the farm, NPS sent law enforcement agents to the park on Tuesday evening to remove staff and volunteers from the property.

"You do have to wonder about the wisdom of an organization that would use staff they don't have the money to pay to evict visitors from a park site that operates without costing them any money," she said.

The park withstood prior government shutdowns, noting in a news release that the farm will be closed to the public for the first time in 40 years.

"In previous budget dramas, the Farm has always been exempted since the NPS provides no staff or resources to operate the Farm," Eberly explained in an emailed statement.
    If the Dems want to make a point of blaming the Rs, one has to question moves like this.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    If the Dems want to make a point of blaming the Rs, one has to question moves like this.
    Not really, it's called the "Washington Monument Syndrome."

You could look it up, we are being punished so Obama can make a political point!

Many here actually have fallen for this stuff.

I didn't mean to get the ad into the posting ... copied from Facebook & I couldn't get rid of the ad. Seems like a pretty good assessment of our system ... non-partisan!
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Hard to get the Libertarian message across to voters when we are boycotted by the media! You know, that media owned by the Dems and Repubs because the two parties do NOT want other voices heard and are scared stiff of new ideas!
    Franco, your spin is sure one possibility, or maybe the other parties and most of the people in them just think Libertarians are a bunch of nuts! That of course is another possible explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by swampcollielover View Post
    Franco, your spin is sure one possibility, or maybe the other parties and most of the people in them just think Libertarians are a bunch of nuts! That of course is another possible explanation.
    It wasn't that many years ago that people considered the Tea Party as a bunch of nut jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by swampcollielover View Post
    Again, you know not of what you write! I dare you to point out one item in the Libertarian platform that isn't a Traditional Conservative stance. lp.org is where to find the Party's platform. I know the real agenda behind the Teas is not spending or big government, it is abortion. They have proven that over and over with their proposed legislation. Traditional Conservatives have always support Choice. It wasn't until the Christian Right took over the GOP during the Reagan years that the so-called new Conservatives wanted to install their beliefs over everyone else! Traditional Conservative do not pretend to know what is best for everyone. However, we do know that government intrusion and spend are out of control!
    Changing the Presidential Debates to allow Liberty on the stage will change America. You can help. Go to Our America's Debate Challenge to learn how you can help.

Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    It wasn't that many years ago that people considered the Tea Party as a bunch of nut jobs.

What? People's views have changed?
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

No not over 20 years ago, it was 2004 when Romney banned "assault rifles" then bragged about it, no need to lie about these things.
    Ok whatever you say, it doesn't really matter, again you are trying to avoid the obvious. So are you saying that the Republicans are the ones trying to take everyones guns away? Just trying to be clear about what you are saying...

Again I will ask, WHAT IS YOUR NAME???? Just wanting to make sure you are not who I think you are.
    Brandon Edmondson

What? Michelle Bachman a nut job? Lets don't forget the woman responsible for Harry Reid getting reelected...Sharon Angle, "People ask me, 'What are you going to do to develop jobs in your state?' Well, that's not my job as a U.S. senator." –Sharron Angle, May 14, 2010. And, how could we ever forget Christine O'Donnell? During the campaign, O'Donnell's TV appearances from the 1990s began to resurface (including one wherein she discussed having once experimented with Wicca); her response ad, in which she stated, "I am not a witch," became the subject of wide ridicule and parody. She lost in the general election to Democrat Chris Coons by a margin of 57% to 40%. What was the jokers name that stated, "a woman can't get pregnant from rape"? Then, we have the good Gov of Texas, Rick Perry..ding dong, ding dong, ding dong.
    Last edited by Franco; 10-03-2013 at 12:40 PM.
    Changing the Presidential Debates to allow Liberty on the stage will change America. You can help. Go to Our America's Debate Challenge to learn how you can help.

Go tea party!