The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nbc sucks

Default Nbc sucks

1 pm on the east coast, cold wet rain so lets watch some olympics, NOT!
    NOthing on main station rather English football! What the ??????
    SO no olympic sport is happening at all???? To add to it neither team on air is one I follow or care about,
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

I have been keeping up with NBC and other NBC affiliate channels on my DVR. I pre-record everything then I can skip through the junk and watch what we want. With NBC so far it has been more Junk, than competition....including the opening ceremonies (which my wife likes).

I skipped over Obama's speech, as always, and the earlier comments by NBC commentators about the political nature of these games (preach their agenda)!

Interesting in the opening ceremonies, the lighting of the torch, the Russians used an old Olympic Wrestler known as the 'Russian Bear' he was never beaten until an American beat him....then they used the old hockey goalie that was known as the best in the world for many years, right up until he was pulled from the game, when the 'Miracle on Ice' and the US team beat the Russians on the way to a Gold metal. Thought it was odd they used these two guys for this part of the opening....

Aside from that nothing NBC has done was worth watching....a few events, a new 'team' ice skating competition...my wife likes it....and I guess if you are really wanting something fun...later today you can watch women's ice hockey...now don't get me wrong, women can play anything they like, but should it be an Olympic Sport? But that's another story...

Beats synchronized swimming
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by swampcollielover View Post
    I have been keeping up with NBC and other NBC affiliate channels on my DVR. I pre-record everything then I can skip through the junk and watch what we want. With NBC so far it has been more Junk, than competition....including the opening ceremonies (which my wife likes).

I skipped over Obama's speech, as always, and the earlier comments by NBC commentators about the political nature of these games (preach their agenda)!

Interesting in the opening ceremonies, the lighting of the torch, the Russians used an old Olympic Wrestler known as the 'Russian Bear' he was never beaten until an American beat him....then they used the old hockey goalie that was known as the best in the world for many years, right up until he was pulled from the game, when the 'Miracle on Ice' and the US team beat the Russians on the way to a Gold metal. Thought it was odd they used these two guys for this part of the opening....

Aside from that nothing NBC has done was worth watching....a few events, a new 'team' ice skating competition...my wife likes it....and I guess if you are really wanting something fun...later today you can watch women's ice hockey...now don't get me wrong, women can play anything they like, but should it be an Olympic Sport? But that's another story...
    Let me tell you a little about that "fluke" on the wrestling mat. Rulon Gardner had one good tournament and it happened to be the olympics that year. If he wrestled Karelin another time or 100 times, Karelin wins 99% of those matches. Karelin went 10 consecutive years without surrendering a point. Won gold in the Olympics, 3 times and silver the fourth time. He had a career record of 887 wins and 1 loss. As for the goalie, had he not been removed from the game, there would not have been the "Miracle On Ice". I am proud that our boys pulled off the ultimate upsets in those 2 events. Look at what happened all the times before that the US played the Russians in Hockey. Major blowouts. Just 2 flukes that gave us some pride on those 2 eventful days. Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by shinyhead View Post
    Let me tell you a little about that "fluke" on the wrestling mat. Rulon Gardner had one good tournament and it happened to be the olympics that year. If he wrestled Karelin another time or 100 times, Karelin wins 99% of those matches. Karelin went 10 consecutive years without surrendering a point. Won gold in the Olympics, 3 times and silver the fourth time. He had a career record of 887 wins and 1 loss. As for the goalie, had he not been removed from the game, there would not have been the "Miracle On Ice". I am proud that our boys pulled off the ultimate upsets in those 2 events. Look at what happened all the times before that the US played the Russians in Hockey. Major blowouts. Just 2 flukes that gave us some pride on those 2 eventful days. Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn sometimes.
    You think I did not know that? But in sports all that matters is how did you do in the game today! You failed to mention the fact that back then all the Russians were in the 'Military' basically doing their sports full time with full pay....in the U. S. we were still trying to be pure amateurs, Rulon and the Hockey players had to raise most of the money to be in the Olympics, let alone how they trained leading up to qualifying for the Olympics....that was a big part of both of these Miracles....or did you forget?

What country are you from anyway?

CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corportation) has over double the coverage that NBC does .... starts early in the morning and runs all day long.

Just heard complaints on the news at noon that a number of people down there complaining about the NBC coverage have found an international IPO and are picking up the CBC's coverage there.
    www.dakotacreekretrievers.com

Online store - http://store.dakotacreekretrievers.com
    Find us on facebook!

GMHR-III Dakota Creek's Royal Navigator MH (AKC & CKC)
    MHR Pine Acre's Dakota Sand Creek SH WCI
    Dakota Creek's Royal Gem
    Dakota Creek's Long Shot
    Dakota Creek's Wreaking Havoc

Quote Originally Posted by The Snows View Post
    CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corportation) has over double the coverage that NBC does .... starts early in the morning and runs all day long.

Just heard complaints on the news at noon that a number of people down there complaining about the NBC coverage have found an international IPO and are picking up the CBC's coverage there.
    At least in Canada, the news networks are OPENLY ran by the Government.....!

You think I did not know that? But in sports all that matters is how did you do in the game today! You failed to mention the fact that back then all the Russians were in the 'Military' basically doing their sports full time with full pay....in the U. S. we were still trying to be pure amateurs, Rulon and the Hockey players had to raise most of the money to be in the Olympics, let alone how they trained leading up to qualifying for the Olympics....that was a big part of both of these Miracles....or did you forget?

What country are you from anyway?
    I am from the US sir. OUr athletes get paid when they are at the OTC, not much pay though. Definitely not the pay like the Russians get. That's why some of the guys that trained there, and then want to compete in the NCAA in their sport, they have to pay the money back before they are eligble to compete in the NCAA. Your statement is a perfect example of why our olympic athletes need to be paid, just like the rest of the world's elite athletes. Then they can focus solely on training for the olympics and international competition.

At least in Canada, the news networks are OPENLY ran by the Government.....!
    Only one ... The CBC.

Over the years our Olympic coverage has gone back and forth between the CBC and CTV (a non government owned broadcaster). But whoever is doing the coverage ... Which is very complete .... we can see how our athletes (as well as athletes from other countries) are doing!
    www.dakotacreekretrievers.com

Online store - http://store.dakotacreekretrievers.com
    Find us on facebook!

GMHR-III Dakota Creek's Royal Navigator MH (AKC & CKC)
    MHR Pine Acre's Dakota Sand Creek SH WCI
    Dakota Creek's Royal Gem
    Dakota Creek's Long Shot
    Dakota Creek's Wreaking Havoc

Since we may have a bit of snow in the south today our local NBC anounced yesterday that they will cover the"major weather event" live from 4 to 5 pm knocking out olympic coverage. I just don't get it. Either you are at home so don't give a darn about a few snow flakes or you are trying to get home from work so again you are not watching TV. What clowns they are.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI