The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Obamacare ... the Unintended Consequences

Default Obamacare ... the Unintended Consequences

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013/...out-obamacare/

Not what people were expecting.

I wonder what the net change will be in insured v. uninsured?

Those adult "children" that will be able to remain on their parents' health insurance, what if their parents cannot afford their new options under O-care?

If all the small businesses that used to provide health insurance, no longer feel they can afford the increases, all those employees will end up on the exchanges. Was that anticipated? I'm not sure it could have been, if the increased premiums for the small businesses were not anticipated.

The upper-end earners will be able to absorb the increases, but the middle and low ends will be in a bind, and it may be that the subsidies will not be enough to offset the increase in costs to these individuals.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

IMO there are going to be a ton of people with IRS liens/penalties pending,their attitude is going to be "come and get me" because there isnt any way they can pay a bill like that and still survive and put food on the table at the same time
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Gerry, your thread should be titled "Obamacare,,, The Intended Consequences ". The whole program is meant to ruin our current health care delivery system and drive us to a single payer system AKA government healthcare..
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

We just got our rate notice for 2014. Nothing affordable about a $500 per month increase. We jumped from $425.20 to $924.97 per month! Thats with zero claims as we never come near our deductable. No more healthy person discounts per Obamacare.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Here's an Australian who issues us a warning about socialized health care. He's been waiting over a year for a simple tonsilectomy to correct his obstructive sleep apnea (dx'd as being due to his overly large tonsils).
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IZb4KJ64lQ
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

http://nationalreview.com/article/35...n-d-williamson
    I thought this was a thoughtful article on why O-care and other varying forms of socialized medicine don't attain their intended consequences.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com

O-care not helping college kids.
    http://www.thecollegefix.com/post/14700/

This article does address one question I had. A married student gets to stay on his parents' health insurance, but his wife cannot. She will not have health insurance.

Interestingly, the cutback in hours of a lot of employers seems to be hurting most the kids in community colleges. These would be the kids who can't afford the cost for 4-year schools; are working just to get through community college. These would be, in my mind, highly motivated kids are are truly willing to work hard to further their education ... the very kind of young people our country needs to educate; the very kind of young people who the future depends on.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com

ECON 101 - Unintended Consequences is oneof the fundamentals of any study of Economics. Too bad Obama never did takeEconomics! Oh wait? We do not know, he has never released his collegetranscripts, we are not even sure if he went to school....funny that no onethat went to his college, during his time, ever knew him, no girlfriends, no boyfriends,no one even recalls him being in class.....I hope someday we find the truthabout Obama and who is covering his history all up!America..................Never Again!
    Last edited by swampcollielover; 09-30-2013 at 02:13 PM.

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-T...-You-Epic-Rant
    This is 3 callers to the Mark Levin show.

Two are self-employed, whose insurance premiums rose 100% as a result of O-care. One a single woman; another a farm family. The third caller is the owner of a medical transciption business whose employees were reduced from 132 to 5, as a result of the medical records aspects of O-care. Ironically, all these types of records are already on computers, yet the way the govt does things, they don't find a way to utilize what already exists, they re-invent the wheel ... and the re-invention may not even work as well as the original.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com

http://www.thefiscaltimes.com/Articl...Love-Obamacare
    Married couples who earn higher incomes will benefit by divorcing and co-habitating.

(There may be contrary examples, but Blumer was unable to find a single instance where staying married led to a lower net health care premium compared to divorcing and living together.) Clearly, many couples who are considering marriage, especially after several years of seeing formerly married couples regress to cohabiting, will look at Obamacare’s “wedding tax” and say, “Never mind.” The effect on society will be incalculable, and certainly not for the good.
    -
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com