The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Obamacare ... the Unintended Consequences

According to CNBC, only 1% to one-half of the completed applications are usable. So complex are the forms and so flawed is the software that the rest have to be set aside for later action. These numbers come from data handlers for insurance providers within the program, so there is little reason to doubt them.

This means that actual total completed applications that have enabled an individual to enroll in the program amount to somewhere between a low of 510 and a high of 25,500. Splitting the difference, we get a rough figure of 12,495 successful applications.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/...#ixzz2hYURVOct
    This is beyond pathetic. Fewer people signed up with ObamaCare than live on a typical Manhattan block. Chances are there are more people living in your town or neighborhood than have successfully registered with ObamaCare. This can't even be called a disaster, because nothing happened. They flipped the switch and the whole system just vanished into thin air. Four years of work, hundreds of millions of dollars, uncountable man-hours... gone with the morning dew.
    And just think: the hackers haven't even hit it yet.
    Is it possible that it's such a freakin' mess the hackers can't even figure out how to hack it? The real fear is that "fake" sites will be put up that look "official", and people will dump all their vital info into such a site, and identity theft will go through the roof.

G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

http://dailycaller.com/2013/10/14/ob...rrest-warrant/
    Oh, yes, these O-care "navigators" are the cream of the crop. Won't even need hacking skills, just sign up as a "navigator".
    A woman with an outstanding warrant for her arrest is currently serving as an Obamacare “navigator” in Lawrence, Kansas.

Rosilyn Wells — the Director of Outreach and Enrollment for the Heartland Community Health-care Center (HCHC) – is “the only full-time Affordable Care Act navigator in Lawrence,” according to the Lawrence Journal-World.

Wells was certified as an Obamacare navigator despite her financial history, which includes a bankruptcy in 2003, a 2007 civil charge from a local check cashing business called Midwest Checkrite for writing a bad check, and being more than $1700 behind on her state tax bill, and having an outstanding arrest warrant in nearby Shawnee County. Wells lives and works in Douglass County.
    Yup, this ought to work out really well
    “In part, substantial risks remain because the Administration decided not to require background checks and fingerprinting of individuals hired by Navigator and Assister organizations,” the committee wrote. “Under the Administration’s plan, unless states have already taken actions to protect their citizens, Navigators and Assisters are not prohibited from hiring convicted felons, including individuals convicted of identity theft or fraud.”

G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Interesting, Signing up for healthcare on the Obama care site is near impossible.
    Registering to vote..........without a hitch!!!!

Amazing, ain't it???????

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Interesting, Signing up for healthcare on the Obama care site is near impossible.
    Registering to vote..........without a hitch!!!!

Amazing, ain't it???????
    Getting welfare, Obamaphone, food stamps etc... Even easier...

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tpAOwJvTOio
    Bill Davis

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner (toward the bottom of this page)

Wow! This is a zinger for signing up for O-care ...
    The Obamacare online exchanges have been met with several concerns since they launched at the beginning of the month, but a recent discovery may raise further fears about privacy under the health-care law.

The Weekly Standard’s Jeryl Bier reports that during the process of creating an account, the website asks users if they accept the “Terms & Conditions,” which prohibit unauthorized attempts to upload information or change the site. But the website’s source code, which is not visible to users on the standard “Terms & Conditions” page, includes a warning that users should have “no reasonable expectation of privacy”:

You have no reasonable expectation of privacy regarding any communication or data transiting or stored on this information system. At any time, and for any lawful Government purpose, the government may monitor, intercept, and search and seize any communication or data transiting or stored on this information system. Any communication or data transiting or stored on this information system may be disclosed or used for any lawful Government purpose.
    This is crazy.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com

Last year, after Congress launched an investigation over why so little progress had been achieved, members of both the House and Senate called on Secretary of Health and Human Services Kathleen Sebelius to cease and desist EHR incentive payments and demand more scrutiny on those who had received money. Sebelius publicly disregarded their requests.

"I'm concerned that this program isn't focused on creating an inter-operable system that would allow unaffiliated systems to share medical information,” Sen. John Thune, R-S.D., said in an emailed statement to Fox News. “It is essential that CMS and the Office of the National Coordinator for Health IT heed feedback from stakeholders and ensure the program they are creating is a wise use of taxpayer dollars," he added.

Lorsch, at MMRGlobal, offered the U.S. government what it describes as a user-friendly personal health record system for one dollar per month per family – a fraction of what it has cost the taxpayer so far.

“It would have cost less than $1 billion in the year versus more than $13 billion in handouts to hospitals with no EMR interoperability. Plus, unlike under ObamaCare, the patient would be in control of their health information and, most importantly, their privacy,” Lorsch said.

MMRGobal already owns at least eight U.S. patents related to personal health records and e-health. It is currently suing or settling with big health care information users like Walgreens, AllScripts, WebMD. It has also informed hospitals they may be infringing its patents.

Before his recent departure, the head of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology at the ONC warned that hospitals are the biggest stumbling block in the adoption of EMRs.

Farzad Mostashari told delegates at a California healthcare conference that hospitals are the “biggest problem in getting inter-operability going” and that “the government will pay more to hospitals to get them to do what they were paid” to do in the first place.
    So ... even if people do manage to sign up for O-care, the medical records system still won't be working?
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com

There is also no way to surf the menu of options anonymously. Obama and his minions were afraid of the response if folks saw how high the premiums and deductibles actually are. So, they made folks create an account... Thinking if one saw the subsidy available first, that would soften the blow a little... Right. Keep us in the dark and feed us mushrooms.
    Bill Davis

“The secretary does have the full confidence of the president,” said Carney. Carney said that Sebelius had been told that the problems with the exchanges had to be “addressed.” Republicans haven’t been the only ones pushing for Sebelius’ ouster; former press secretary Robert Gibbs said that Sebelius should resign over the debacle.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    .................................................. ................................. Keep us in the dark and feed us mushrooms.
    LOL.....I think you mean we are the mushrooms and they are keeping us in the dark and feeding us as mushrooms are fed...........manure that is. Then we get "harvested" at the correct time.
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

Quote Originally Posted by charly_t View Post
    LOL.....I think you mean we are the mushrooms and they are keeping us in the dark and feeding us as mushrooms are fed...........manure that is. Then we get "harvested" at the correct time.
    HaHa... I'm becoming my dad. Botching the old sayings... They say the memory is the first thing that goes...
    Bill Davis