The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Obamacare ... the Unintended Consequences

I also don't think that they thought about the people they are counting on to "FEAD THE BEAST" doing research and finding the way out for the first critical year. That would be the healthy regardless of age who had good plans. I can literally opt for a United healthcare plan (well known national company) with a much lower deductable, improve my 70/30 to a 90/10 for less than downgrading my current BCBSNC plan to the lowest BUMCARE BCBSNC plan. I just have to switch before Dec 31. We are on track now to switch for Dec 1st. If I keep my current deuctable 70/30 and max out of pocket I pay no increase in Dec and get about a $30 increase per month for the next year. Sure beats a worse total liability jumping by over 12 grand and paying 6 grand more per year to feed the beast! I really feel for the majority of hard working eople who buy on the private market and do not know the ins and outs of health insurance.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

For those who might be interested:
    CNN Crossfire faces Free Market Medicine - 6:30 pm

Set your DVR or tune in to watch Docs4PatientCare's Texas Chapter Vice President, Ori Hampel, MD discuss the ObamaCare roll out and our Prescription for American Health Care. CNN on Monday at 6:30 pm est.

Jane Hughes, MD explains the director of America's Department of Health and Human Services should have expert working knowledge of the US medical system.

Hughes spoke of Kathleen Sebelius as an expert in "hard ball politics", not health care.
    "She doesn't have a handle on how the American health care system runs."
    Catch the video here.
    Don't know if the video link will work being "copied" this way.

G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/...thcaregov.html

McAfee warned about the lack of security on healthcare.gov.

This article addresses a NC man who received info about a SC attorney who had previously established an account on the site. The SC man never got the email regarding his eligibility for a subsidy, but the NC did get the SC man's letter. The SC fella was nice enough to send it onto the NC fella.

I'd wager that the attorney is going to make some waves over this.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Got this in an email. I'm pretty sure it's just a joke ... so no need to Snopes it.

When Nancy Pelosi said,

“We have to pass it, to find out what’s
    in it”

A physician called into radio show and said:

"That's the definition of a stool sample".
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/04/bu...1sA5hZ2nDOYnSw

The NY Times is headlining the "free" plans of the ACA. The comments from the readers are of interest.

Evidently, there are some junk plans among the ACA-approved plans as well.

I don't quite understand how max out-of-pocket can be capped at $6350 or $12,000 with a plan that might only pay 60% of medical expenses. If one is in some major accident, if the balance of 40% exceeds the deductible (provided the insured can even pay that deductible if they are low-income to begin with), then who pays the rest? Would that come from the healthcare providers ... who are then not getting paid for the care they provided? Will some govt agency compensate the care providers?

For example: 60% of $50,000 bill = $30,000 That leaves $20,000 not paid by insurance. The deductible for an individual is $6350, which would leave $13,650 unpaid. Even a $30,000 bill would leave about $6000 unpaid.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com

http://dailycaller.com/2013/11/04/de...our-insurance/
    The subject of this article has insurance which has been enabling cancer treatment for several years. Her plan will be discontinued 12/31 which will compel her to pay more, or change her health care network.

Will there be more occurrences like this as individuals are compelled to change their plans?
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com

Regulations driven by the Obama White House indeed have made insurance more affordable – if, like Kathleen Sebelius, you’re looking only at price. But responding to Obamacare caps on premiums, many insurers will, in turn, simply offer top-tier doctors and hospitals far less cash for services rendered.

Watchdog.org looked at the top 18 hospitals nationwide as ranked by U.S. News and World Report for 2013-2014. We contacted each hospital to determine their contracts and talked to several insurance companies, as well.
    The result of our investigation: Many top hospitals are simply opting out of Obamacare.

Chances are the individual plan you purchased outside Obamacare would allow you to go to these facilities. For example, fourth-ranked Cleveland Clinic accepts dozens of insurance plans if you buy one on your own. But go through Obamacare and you have just one choice: Medical Mutual of Ohio.
    An ironic consequence of this whole thing may be that a goodly number of individuals and care providers will return to the original blueprint of pay-as-you-go healthcare. By eliminating the middle-man, the providers may be able to get more for services than through the middleman scenario, but still be able to provide those services at reasonable cost to the patients ... and everybody saves the hassle of the paperwork involved.

Some regions are also beginning to set up their own "insurance companies" for providing care within their region.

Maybe the people who wrote the O-care law should have gotten the input from the actual care providers to learn how to make access to health care more universal at reasonable cost? Sort of like the way that legislators who have voted for gun control have no clue about the guns they are calling "assault rifles"?

In spite of all their staff, the legislators are still making laws without good knowledge about what they are legislating about. Bi-partisanly, this is probably one of the huge problems with career politicians: they have limited knowledge of the real world outside of the Beltway. It appears, from what we see in the media, these people spend far too much time in DC and on "junkets" and far too little time talking to their constituents who live in the real world.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com

Changing the Presidential Debates to allow Liberty on the stage will change America. You can help. Go to Our America's Debate Challenge to learn how you can help.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/04/bu...1sA5hZ2nDOYnSw

The NY Times is headlining the "free" plans of the ACA. The comments from the readers are of interest.

Evidently, there are some junk plans among the ACA-approved plans as well.

I don't quite understand how max out-of-pocket can be capped at $6350 or $12,000 with a plan that might only pay 60% of medical expenses. If one is in some major accident, if the balance of 40% exceeds the deductible (provided the insured can even pay that deductible if they are low-income to begin with), then who pays the rest? Would that come from the healthcare providers ... who are then not getting paid for the care they provided? Will some govt agency compensate the care providers?

For example: 60% of $50,000 bill = $30,000 That leaves $20,000 not paid by insurance. The deductible for an individual is $6350, which would leave $13,650 unpaid. Even a $30,000 bill would leave about $6000 unpaid.

OK this is how it actually all works.
    First you have the deductable so lets say $10,000. This must be paid before the 60/40 spit starts. THe out of pocket cap they are talking about is the 40% after the deductable has been met.

Oh, I posted a highlight from BCBSNC website that states for the lower incomes not only do they get reduced premiums their out of pocket has "special" lower caps. Some as low as $500 and they get subsidies to buy down on the deductables.
    THe whole thing is a giant redistribution system. They thought they had buried it all down far enough that it would not be exposed. When the healthy who had insurance and know they will not get subsidies started getting the notices it got exposed.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

But what happens if the 40% is more than the cap? Then the policy will actually cover more than the 60%?
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com