The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Obamacare ... the Unintended Consequences

You are just full conspiracy theories because some old guy, like McAfee, said the program was so unsecured.

Programs are like swinging doors on a house but we are dealing with multiple government layers and the private sector contractors. Just like kids , as they are, eventually a door will be left open, in the program, at times. This creates the perfect opportunity because the doors are not always secured and along comes the hacker. The rollout gave them the chance. Now they just wait to hit the mother loan when millions more sign up.

Dan
    Last edited by Dan Storts; 02-04-2014 at 12:30 PM.

Another extension of part of the employer mandate ... for businesses employing 50-99 employees ...
    From Breitbart:
    The U.S. Treasury Department announced Monday that businesses with 50-99 employees would be granted an additional year before Obamacare's penalty for failure to offer insurance to employees kicks in.
    That would push it into 2017?

However, if O-care begins to unravel during 2014 due to low enrollment of young/healthy people, those companies could still feel rate increases in 2015.

As I understand it the plan to reimburse the insurors only exists for the first three years of the law, then they are on their own in surviving. Not sure if that means they get their subsidies for 2014, 2015, 2015. If so, it could mean that by fall 2016, they should have a pretty good idea of what's going to hit them in 2017.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

This part I missed before:

Larger companies could still avoid a fine so long as they pay for the insurance of 70 percent of their full-time workers.
    So, these larger companies don't have to cover 100% of their full-time employees? I thought that was the whole idea. Who do we think will not be covered? The CEO, the VPs?

This new rule would be in addition to all those companies that already received entire waivers from the law.

Wasn't the whole point to have everyone insured to make the overall plan work? Not sure how you make the vehicle move if you take the wheels off first.

Additionally, if any of the employers who want to get into the 50-99 group get rid of workers for that purpose, they have to swear (upon penalty of perjury) to the IRS that they did not fire employees because of O-care rules.
    None of this was in the original Affordable Care Act.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

A Constitutional solution to O-care?
    http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...e-Compact-Bill
    Washington, DC—Representative James Lankford (R-OK), Chairman of the House Republican Policy Committee, today introduced the House Joint Resolution legislative proposal for the Health Care Compact, a breakthrough governance reform that allows states to clean up the health care mess created by the federal government.

“The Health Care Compact is a way for states to protect their residents from the top-down, one-size-fits-all health care ‘solutions’ that have been imposed from Washington DC, including Obamacare,” said Lankford.

“The compact transfers health care decision-making authority and responsibility from the federal level to member states. Those member states are then free to implement their own health care systems without interference from federal bureaucrats, using federal health care funds already collected and spent in their state.”
    To date, eight states have joined the Health Care Compact (Oklahoma, Alabama, Georgia, Indiana, Missouri, South Carolina, Texas, and Utah), and legislation has either passed the state legislature or is being considered in 12 additional states.

Interstate compacts are governing tools that have been used on more than 200 occasions to establish agreements between and among states. Mentioned in Article 1, Section 10 of the Constitution, compacts are constitutional instruments that provide authority and flexibility to the states for administering government programs without federal interference. Congressional consent is required for states to enter into a legally binding compact.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com