The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: Obamacare ... the Unintended Consequences

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    It does seem that this person devoted quite a bit of time to trying to under stand the available options. Much like the attorney from NYC, and other self-employed professionals. Many of these people who are having trouble, were people who believed the ACA would be a good thing.

I guess, Buzz, you will have to wait until the effects of this legislation get "personal". If the low enrollments of healthy people have the anticipated effect, premiums will go necessarily higher ... and the govt may have to honor the "subsidy" to the insurors written into the law.

I think it's kind of telling that Obama, himself, admitted that "they" (presumably he and/or all those involved with designing the law and its regulations) didn't realize the complexity of buying health insurance. Maybe they also don't realize the complexity of how insurors go about providing that insurance? Maybe they also don't realize the complexity of the tasks involved in health care either?
    What a surprise. I thought she might be a relative, or at least her husband. So I went looking for her on Facebook. One thing is clear, she is a republican activist. Here is a picture of her at the Michigan 2013 GOP Convention.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    I have yet to see a single story like this that is worth a darn. None of them say anything except to state the old premium and deductible, the new premium and deductible, and that there were "certain" requirements of Obamacare that the old policy did not satisfy. There is a lot more to insurance than premium and deductible, but these writers seem incapable or unwilling to address the details. They are a complete waste of time.
    I actually posted a while back the side by side of the pre obamacare BCBSNC plan I had and the Obama plan they were trying to map us to from double the price.
    I even listed the "certain" requirement differences, not of which we will ever need or use. Notice I said never not hope we will not use.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

What a surprise. I thought she might be a relative, or at least her husband. So I went looking for her on Facebook. One thing is clear, she is a republican activist. Here is a picture of her at the Michigan 2013 GOP Convention.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater
    Probably created by a lib computer geek
    Bill Davis

Did anyone see Sen Rand Paul on the Kelly files last night. I can't recall the details so I won't try to relate them but, he says he's been trying to sign up for insurance since Oct 1 and hasn't succeeded yet. The issue seems to be his son as the exchange keeps trying to sign him up under Medicare and the Senator refuses. Then the KY exchange said the son would have to present himself in person to opt out of Medicare which he's not eligible for. Granted, the story may have been a bit dramatic in the telling but ...
    Eric

WRC HR Lennoxlove's Run with Wolves JH, WCX ("Cheyenne") ... still so fondly remembered
    HRCh Struan's Devil's in De Tails SH, WCX ("Lucy")
    SR CH Struan's Flight of Fancy JH ("Muse")
    Struan's Master of the Hunt JH, WC ("Charlie")
    Struan's Just Plain Perfect ("Jane")
    Struan's Driving Us Crazy ("Daisy") ... the baby in charge

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Johnson View Post
    Did anyone see Sen Rand Paul on the Kelly files last night. I can't recall the details so I won't try to relate them but, he says he's been trying to sign up for insurance since Oct 1 and hasn't succeeded yet. The issue seems to be his son as the exchange keeps trying to sign him up under Medicare and the Senator refuses. Then the KY exchange said the son would have to present himself in person to opt out of Medicare which he's not eligible for. Granted, the story may have been a bit dramatic in the telling but ...

Do you really mean medicare, or is it medicaid???

I went to the Washington Post and read this story after seeing your post. So I'm editing to include a link to the story. It appears to be an interesting one to sort out. Is Rand Paul married? He says it would cost him $6000/year to carry his son on his policy. I guess I could see the difference between single and family coverage costing $6000, but the story seems to question that amount. It'll be interesting to see if Paul is making a mountain out of a mole hill, or if he really did stumble across a problem.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...1-f0feafdd1394
    Last edited by Buzz; 01-10-2014 at 08:21 AM.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Thanks for finding the reference Buzz. I was just sort of half listening and tried to convey that in my message. Now I can go read about it.

Thanks again.
    Eric

WRC HR Lennoxlove's Run with Wolves JH, WCX ("Cheyenne") ... still so fondly remembered
    HRCh Struan's Devil's in De Tails SH, WCX ("Lucy")
    SR CH Struan's Flight of Fancy JH ("Muse")
    Struan's Master of the Hunt JH, WC ("Charlie")
    Struan's Just Plain Perfect ("Jane")
    Struan's Driving Us Crazy ("Daisy") ... the baby in charge

Buzz, there were some problems with the websites getting kids and spouses mixed up. I thought Rand Paul had more than one child.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

I had a complete fiasco signing up, stupid website kept putting my kids on wrong, couldn't figure my wife's stuff out due to her being on Medicare already. We finally had to call and thankfully had someone that actually was very helpful. Don't have my insurance yet so just hoping no major things come up before February 1st.

As the details are investigated, it is looking more and more like Rand Paul's story includes a bunch of user error. Updates at the link theat Buzz originally posted.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...p-on-medicaid/

I am sure these mistakes were unintentional and I am sure he will set the record straight soon.

Do you really mean medicare, or is it medicaid???

I went to the Washington Post and read this story after seeing your post. So I'm editing to include a link to the story. It appears to be an interesting one to sort out. Is Rand Paul married? He says it would cost him $6000/year to carry his son on his policy. I guess I could see the difference between single and family coverage costing $6000, but the story seems to question that amount. It'll be interesting to see if Paul is making a mountain out of a mole hill, or if he really did stumble across a problem.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...1-f0feafdd1394
    I notice that you ignore responses about people who researched policies and posted the detailed results. That attitude can also be demonstrated by you telling me non stop to go on the federal exchange after telling you more than once that the information is available for those not getting a tax payer funded credit by going directly to the websites of the only 2 insurance companies that sold out to BUMFACE in NC.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI