The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cody cut a lean grade

i have two grady pups. both are bright, eager and athletic. both nice inside too! one is going to be a great hunting/hunt test dog.(see my add in rtf classifieds) the other should finish some derbies this fall and appears to maybe someday be an all age competitor.(no add posted....but you can call if interested)

grady makes good pups.
    john mccallie

Quote Originally Posted by jenbrowndvm View Post
    Comments from some of the owners are high-energy, fearless, focused, smart, loving, family-dogs that are working machines. I am slightly biased as I think the bitch had all these qualities as well, but do think that Grady threw something in there as well..
    My dog and my feelings to a tee. I did not own the dam of my Grady pup but I hear she is SOME DOG too.
    I ended up having a baby and unfortunately had to end his hunt test career but I am confident he could have made Master hunter, and still might some day!

My Grady x Zucker pup. He is handsome too boot.

Fearless and high drive (edit to add I swim in this area, so I made sure it was SAFE SAFE SAFE for launch)

He hunts

And he tolerates the new baby pretty decent too! <3
    Last edited by Marissa E.; 09-30-2013 at 08:57 PM.

Marissa Everett

Instead of focusing on what’s missing, learn to appreciate what’s already there.

Wow. If pictures are a worth a 1000 words... you're dog speaks eloquently.

Money won't buy mine, loves absolutely everything about training including water. She went 5 for 5 in her AKC Sr. Hope to have puppies come Jan. Then will continue training. Like Phil says Happy Happy Happy !!!

Tulip1.
    I have a 2yr old Grady daughter. The trainability is what everyone else has said, very willing, eager to learn and not tough.
    As for house and living with-she is a nut. I love her zest for life and she makes me smile every day. She will settle and loves to lay on the couch but shes not for everyone. Constantly whirling with her toy and has a huge wiggle .... I love her and would have another one-but like I said, shes not real calm.....
    HOME OF:
    Waterspook Sables Dark Secret, MH (Sable)
    Trumarcs Bankshot Bandit, MH ( Fats)
    Waterspook Tomfoolery, SH ( Tommie)
    IN MEMORY OF::
    Waterspook Bankshot Whiz Bang,JH (Jesse)
    Waterspooks Girl Named Bill, SH ( Billie- my princess.....)
    Waterspook Kickin' Gunshot, SH ( Boom)
    Waterspook Kickin' Good Time MH(Kick)
    Waterspooks Partner In Crime, SH ( Bouncer)
    Brush Creek Waterspook, JH, WC- my first girl.(Spooky)

Quote Originally Posted by 1tulip View Post
    For those with Grady pups... are they easy to live with? Do they have an off switch?
    Yes for both questions at least with mine anyway. Mine has used his off/on switch since he was 7 weeks old when I brought him home. Sure, there were the typical puppy moments of unbridled energy the last couple hours of the evening but that is to be expected in my opinion. The little guy has loved the water since day 1, I think he has more fish in him then dog lol. Overall, would I buy him again and do it all over again, in a hearbeat and no question about it!

do it...my pups dad is out of him and he is an absolute stud....my girl is very good so far also..

Quote Originally Posted by 1tulip View Post
    On a scale of cream-puff-fold-like-a-taco-quitter to fire-breather-hard-headed-hard-to-handle-monster... where would Grady off-spring fall? A whimsical way to ask if this pup could be considered a relatively knowledgeable amateur's dog.
    I have seen some with fire in the belly and a few talented divas.
    "The longer you let a dog go in the wrong direction the more they think they are going in the right direction" Don Remien.